Tokyo, Japan-based electronics giant Sony surpassed its sales target for the PlayStation 4 by selling 5.3 million units worldwide just three months after the latest game console went on sale.
A new survey by Nielsen said 33% of active gamers intend to buy Sony's PlayStation 4, while 22% of those surveyed said that they will buy Microsoft's Xbox One. PS4 was released two weeks ago, while Xbox hit the stores last week.
Microsoft Corp sold over 1 million of its new Xbox One game consoles within 24 hours of their hitting store shelves on Friday, on par with Sony Corp's PlayStation 4 despite launching in far more countries.
With the midnight release of the Xbox One, the console war has finally began. Sony's Playstation 4 was released last week and now consumers would be able to tell and decide which one system would rule their living rooms.
According to tech giant Sony, the company sold over 1 million PlayStation 4 game consoles, its first game system in seven years, just 24 hours it went on sale last Friday.
Hundreds of PlayStation fans braved the chilly weather in New York to line up and wait for Sony's midnight launch of the long-awaited PlayStation 4 game console.
According to analysts, the reorganization in Microsoft would help it bounce back due to the change in its attitude towards competition.
Microsoft will limit updates of indie games to reduce player annoyance, reports said.
In a retraction of previous policies, independent game developers may now self-publish on the Xbox One game console according to Microsoft.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- How to Protect Yourself from Check Fraud: Tips and Best Practices
- Mobi: Empowering Consumer Product Companies with Real-time Sales Data
- Exploring the Future of Economic Growth: The Top 5 Special Economic Zones to Watch in 2023
- David Tomassoni (Salvaje): How the Hospitality Industry has Rebounded in the Post-Pandemic World
- How Test Automation Tools are Revolutionizing the Software Development Process
- From Shark Tank to Main Street: Kevin Harrington’s New Fintech Platform is Making Investing in Small Businesses Easier Than Ever
- Meet Kelcy Warren: The CEO Behind Energy Transfer
- World TradeX Creates Nft'S And Digital Coins With Intrinsic Value