CEO Robert Goldfarb is about to retire on March 31st and will be replaced by David Poppe. Sequoia shares plunged because of Valeant Pharmaceuticals Inc. stake.
Goldman Sachs Group Inc is facing tough time in selling $2.8 billion of debt in the wake of ongoing drug pricing controversy in the pharmaceutical industry.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc (VRX.TO) is abandoning its growth-by-acquisitions strategy for the time being to try to reduce debt, boost its stock price and one day return to its traditional deal-making in a stronger position, people familiar with the matter told Reuters.
Actavis Plc (ACT.N) plans to approach Allergan Inc (AGN.N) again about a potential merger, as the Botox maker warms up to the possibility of a sale, people familiar with the matter said on Tuesday.
Prominent investor shareholder advisory firm ISS called on Allergan Inc to give its shareholders a chance to vote on any large, buyout-blocking acquisitions and said the company's board faced a credibility problem, according to a report seen by Reuters.
Hedge fund ValueAct Capital said on Thursday it would return to the board of directors of Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc, which is pursuing a hostile takeover offer for Allergan Inc, and that it planned to increase its stake in the company.
Solta Medical Inc. has put up the company for sale amid falling profits and pressure from activist investor Voce Capital Management LLC. California-based Valeant Pharmaceuticals International will buy Solta Medical for $236 million in cash.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Buy OUKITEL U23 at Unmissable Price on DealExtreme, Only $169.99 for a 6.18 Inch 6GB RAM Phone
- OUKITEL is Releasing a New 10000mAh Battery Smartphone K12 With Waterdrop Design
- 3 Easy Ways To Minimize Costs For Mother Of The Bride And Groom Outfits
- Large Display and Big battery, OUKITEL Introduces 3 Big Battery Smartphones on Global Sources Electronics Exhibition
- Top 5 Tips For Trading Oil
- Important SEO Concepts to Appreciate for 2019
- Accessories and equipment for emergency situations
- OUKITEL K9 Official Release: Built for Video & Games with 6000mAh battery and 7.12 inch Big Display