The aggressive buying binge of SunEdison Inc has resulted in a total debt of $12 billion. The US-based clean-energy company may seek bankruptcy protection.
The Swiss bank Credit Suisse Group AG will have to shell out $80 million in fines and disgorgement to the US regulators in an alternative trading-related settlement case. Credit Suisse didn't reveal its operations in dark pool private share trading exchange to the clients.
A former investment banker and senior manager at Evercore Group, Frank Perkins Hixon Jr, faces charges of insider trading in cases filed by US authorities, Reuters reported.
George Jarkesy Jr, a hedge fund manager, has filed a case in a Washington federal court to block a hearing by the US Securities and Exchange Commission which alleged that he defrauded hedge fund investors, Bloomberg reported.
A letter written by state securities regulators asked US Securities and Exchange Commission Chair Mary Jo White not to erode their power to police smaller public offerings, Reuters reported.
GLG Partners, a London-based hedge fund, agreed to settle claims that it overvalued the purchase of a mining asset in 2008 in a deal worth about $9 million, Bloomberg reported.
SAC Capital Advisors' CEO Steven A. Cohen's lawyers will contend he does not have time to look into each of his employees activities to argue his lack of liability over a civil complaint.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Buy OUKITEL U23 at Unmissable Price on DealExtreme, Only $169.99 for a 6.18 Inch 6GB RAM Phone
- OUKITEL is Releasing a New 10000mAh Battery Smartphone K12 With Waterdrop Design
- 3 Easy Ways To Minimize Costs For Mother Of The Bride And Groom Outfits
- Large Display and Big battery, OUKITEL Introduces 3 Big Battery Smartphones on Global Sources Electronics Exhibition
- Top 5 Tips For Trading Oil
- Important SEO Concepts to Appreciate for 2019
- Accessories and equipment for emergency situations
- OUKITEL K9 Official Release: Built for Video & Games with 6000mAh battery and 7.12 inch Big Display