Founder Guy Laliberté has agreed to sell control of Cirque du Soleil, the world's largest theatrical production company, for about $1.5 billion, the Globe and Mail reported, citing sources familiar with the matter.
Cirque du Soleil is in advanced talks with two private equity consortia about selling a majority stake in what is the largest theatrical production company in the world, according to people familiar with the matter.
California-based early stage investment platform TPG Growth is in advanced talks to acquire New York-based beauty company e.l.f. Cosmetics, according to three sources familiar with the matter.
A senior official from Thailand's state-owned petroleum company PTT on Thursday denied a media report saying that it was bidding for Royal Dutch Shell's service stations in Australia. Shell is selling its 900 petrol stations and an oil refinery in the country for A$3 billion.
Forest Laboratories is close to an agreement to buy New Jersey-based specialty pharmaceutical company Aptalis Holdings from private equity firm TPG Capital. Forest will pay $3 billion for Aptalis.
Private equity firm KKR & Co. takes the top spot in Dealogic's list of most acquisitive investment firms, spending about $174 billion in 34 companies this year.
Private equity firms Hellman & Friedman LLC and JMI Equity are reportedly looking to sell workforce management software company Kronos Inc. The two investment firms privatized Kronos in 2007 for $1.8 billion.
TPG Capital senior partner Tim Dattels, a former Goldman Sachs banker, is moving back to Asia to be co-head of the global private equity firm's regional operations, as current Asia head Stephen Peel steps away from day-to-day management.
TPG Capital LP was named as one of the final bidders for manufacturer MacDon Industries Ltd.
Bids submitted earlier this month by private equity firms for Ancestry.com have fallen short of the company's expectations.
Private equity firm Hellman & Friedman LLC is pushing ahead with a $4 billion sale of Getty Images Inc.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Joe Biden Lambasted Online for Bragging Supreme Court 'Didn't Stop' Him From Canceling Student Loan Debt
- Oil Prices Continue to Fall as Dollar Strengthens, Inflation Fears Grow
- The IRS Proposes Child Tax Credit Expansion To Benefit 16 Million Low-Income Children
- AT&T Offers Credit to Customers Affected by Network Outage
- Red Sea Attacks by Houthi Rebels Affect Most UK Exporters, Survey Shows
- Build Club Founder Annie Liao Is Among Those Australians Who Quit Their Jobs to Chase the $1.8 Trillion AI Sector
- Paramount Studios Possibly Put Under Credit Rating Downgrade Amid Cash Flow Challenges
- Change Healthcare Hit by Cyberattack: UnitedHealth Says Government-Backed Hackers Are Behind It