Singapore City, Singapore-based same-day hotel booking app In2Nite raised $2.8M in a venture round led by IDG Ventures and other undisclosed investors to expand its reach across the Asian market.
Bangkok, Thailand-based digital publication platform Ookbee landed $7 million in a Series B funding led by Japanese outsourcing firm Transcosmos to fuel its Southeast Asian expansion.
Singapore-based digital currency payment firm GoCoin pocketed $1.4 million in its first funding round led by former Facebook executive Owen Van Natta and e-commerce site Bitcoin Shop for its sales and tech expansion.
Berlin, Germany-based price comparison website PricePanda launched in Thailand after raising $3 million from Tengelmann Group, as part of its campaign to expand to South Asian countries.
Gurgaon, India-based e-commerce firm Ibibo Group purchased Bangalore-based online bus tracking and analytics startup YourBus for an undisclosed sum to integrate the latter's tracking function into its travel services.
Beijing, China-based outbound visa service ByeCity received $20 million in its Series B funding from Alibaba Group Holding Ltd and Chinese private equity firm CBC Capital.
In a deal that marks its second investment in Southeast Asia, SoftBank Ventures Korea poured an undisclosed amount into Bangkok, Thailand-based online game operator Ini3 Digital to acquire a 23% equity in the said company.
Philippines-based social night life app Guestlist allows party-goers to get included in a club's guest list to lessen the hassle of falling in line or paying for an entrance fee to gain entry.
Beijing, China-based software company Kingsoft will sell a a 4.7% stake worth $20 million in its game developing subsidiary Westhouse to Chinese smartphone manufacturer Xiaomi.
Japanese gaming platform and web services provider DeNA invested an undisclosed amount in Between, a chat app for couples created by South Korean firm VCNC, to help the app become an open platform.
Li Ka-shing, the richest man in Asia, has just invested an undisclosed amount in BitPay, a US-based startup that provides services similar to a PayPal for bitcoins.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Founder of Globetrotters, Niranjan Shah, on His Background, Success Story, and Philosophy of Getting Ahead
- 3 Scenarios Lear Capital Founder Kevin DeMeritt Says Precious Metals Could Protect Against
- Tips To Increase Your Appointment Setting Conversion Rate in 2022 According to Bruntwork
- Amazon FBA, Shipping, Receiving: Kitting and Assembly Solutions Keeps it All Signed, Sealed and Delivered for a Global Marketplace On the Go
- Investor Brian Condenanza On The Future of Fintech Investing
- What You Need to Know About Business Litigation Law
- Amer Deeba on Cybersecurity and His New Company Normalyze
- The Ultimate Guide to an Employee’s Net Pay