The Michael Jackson estate lost its share in the joint venture with Sony Corp. when the music publisher bought Jackson’s share of 50 percent for $750 million. The transaction will wipe out the rest of Jackson’s $500 million debt he left when the artist died in 2009.
Taylor Swift is completely in a gift giving mood this Christmas with the latest launch of her 1989 World Tour Documentary on the Apple Music. On the occasion of Swift's 26th birthday, she announced that the release is scheduled on December 20, 2015, on her Twitter platform.
Sony Corp is in the process of offloading it stake that's half of Sony/ATV Music Publishing, which is the world's largest music publisher. Sony and Michael Jackson's Estate jointly own Sony/ATV Music Publishing. The joint agreement between Sony and Michael Jackson's Estate that allows one partner can buy out the other.
Taylor Swift's generous donation of $50,000 via GoFundMe has led the well-known crowdfunding website to raise its fundraising limits.
Taylor Swift's "1989" topped the U.S. Billboard 200 album chart for the third consecutive week on Wednesday. The most pop-oriented turn from the onetime country singer sold 312,000 copies last week, according to figures compiled by NielsenSoundscan. "1989" is the second album of the year, behind the soundtrack to Disney's animated film "Frozen," to spend at least three weeks atop the chart.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Forget the kitties - cryptocelebrities are the latest blockchain money spinner
- OUKITEL Engineers Team Endorse for the 10000mAh K7, To Make the Best large battery smartphone
- Debt in the US: Is the Government Setting a Bad Example for All of Us?
- OUKITEL K7 is Coming soon: 10000mAh battery with 18:9 diaplay
- How Fintech Is Changing The Shape Of The Market
- Was Currencies Direct a Good Buy?
- Will ICOs Signal the End of the VC Industry?
- (VIDEO Review) YEPO 737A Notebook 6GB RAM