The Wall Street Journal reported that Acer would retreat from using Windows and embrace the Android operating system for its mobile devices.
Acer's president told Austria's Format magazine that the company would recover and make profit again.
LG Innotek Co. and Inventec Corp., Apple's suppliers, led the rally after tech titan released its earnings report.
Search engine giant Google Inc entered an agreement with Himax Technologies Inc which resulted to a 34% boost in the Taiwanese company' stocks.
Private equity companies Blackstone and MBK Partners are seeking for Singapore IPOs for the properties they individually own in Taiwan and India.
A New Zealand company submitted its offer to join a New Zealand-Taiwan venture capital fund.
Taiwan approves several foreign investments and local investors' attempt at China.
CLSA Brokerage, owned by Credit Agricole SA, was sold to CITIC Securities but Taiwanese regulators may reject the sale.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- After Blackpink Renews Contract With YG Entertainment, K-Pop Agency Shares Spike 29%
- Charting Obstacles in Berner's Business Journey
- Trading on Terror? Israel Investigates Claims Some Traders Knew Hamas' Attack Plan and Profited off It
- Elon Musk's AI Startup X.AI Seeks to Raise $1 Billion From Equity Investors
- Apple's Market Cap Climbs Back Above $3 Trillion for the First Time Since August
- Nurp: Unleashing Financial Growth Through a Unique Lifestyle Philosophy
- Spotify to Lay Off 17% of Its Workforce — Here’s What CEO Daniel Ek Has to Say
- Gold Price Hits New Record High; Bitcoin Value Also Surges