Societe Generale said that it stood by all the rules of its operating nations. The bank confirmed that it no longer detained any establishments in the process in the Non-Cooperative Countries and Territories.
The third largest bank in France will continue its cost cutting plan. Through the year 2020 the bank will cut 550 jobs in its retail operation.
Deutsche Bank has missed its ranking as a top three investment bank in the world. The weak EURO as well as the bank's restructuring approach pushed it to the fifth place in the investment sector.
Goldman Sachs (GS.N) is reviving plans to issue at least $500 million worth of Islamic bonds, a sign that Islamic finance is going mainstream as big conventional banks seek to tap Middle Eastern money.
Singapore's DBS Group Holdings, Credit Suisse, and ABN AMRO are among the shortlisted suitors that have placed their final round bids for Societe Generale's Asian private bank.
Amid the run up to the Third Plenum, many market investors who have waited for the policy direction from the Chinese government had made them either hopeful or disappointed with the communique released by President Xi Jinping.
Two French banks, Societe Generale and Credit Agricole, disclosed plans to increase its ownership stakes in asset manager Amundi Group and derivatives broker Newedge Group.
VTB would sell off its shareholdings in Rosbank to Societe Generale and Societe Generale would sell some Russian assets to VTB.
Societe Generale would sell its Asian financial unit priced around USD600 million, said sources that were cited in a Reuters report.
France-based Societe Generale was the third major bank seeking to sell its private wealth arm in Asia in the last five years.
According to sources familiar with the matter, French bank Societe Generale was considering on selling its Asian wealth arm based in Singapore.
Sources revealed that France-based Societe Generale would be issuing a USD 300 million Islamic bond program in Malaysia.
NYSE tapped JPMorgan & Chase Co. and Societe Generale for the IPO launch of Euronext.
Groupama sold its last stake in SocGen for EUR 517.8 million.
Societe Generale is set to buy out Credit Agricole's shareholdings in the joint venture brokerage Agricole.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- How to Protect Yourself from Check Fraud: Tips and Best Practices
- Mobi: Empowering Consumer Product Companies with Real-time Sales Data
- Exploring the Future of Economic Growth: The Top 5 Special Economic Zones to Watch in 2023
- David Tomassoni (Salvaje): How the Hospitality Industry has Rebounded in the Post-Pandemic World
- How Test Automation Tools are Revolutionizing the Software Development Process
- From Shark Tank to Main Street: Kevin Harrington’s New Fintech Platform is Making Investing in Small Businesses Easier Than Ever
- Meet Kelcy Warren: The CEO Behind Energy Transfer
- World TradeX Creates Nft'S And Digital Coins With Intrinsic Value