Former Silk Road administrators confirmed that the Silk Road marketplace on silkroad6ownowfk.onion was the real deal.
An estimated USD 28 million worth of bitcoins was confiscated by authorities from the computer hardware of Ross William Ulbricht.
According to a Reuters report, the value of bitcoins had decreased following the arrest of Silk Road, an underground website allegedly selling illegal products and services.
The Federal Bureau of Investigation shut down the illegal operations of Silk Road, an online black market for illegal goods and services.
The Federal Bureau of Investigation had shutdown Silk Road, an alleged online bitcoin marketplace used to perform illegal activities, said a Reuters report.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Swiss Bank Banque Pictet Admits to Conspiring With US Taxpayers to Hide Over $5.6 Billion From IRS
- Spotify to Lay Off 17% of Its Workforce — Here’s What CEO Daniel Ek Has to Say
- Gold Price Hits New Record High; Bitcoin Value Also Surges
- This Crypto Blockchain Emerges as Preferred Platform by Terrorist Groups Like Hamas and Hezbollah
- Despite AI Hype, New Data Shows Only Few US Companies Are Actually Using It
- US to Prevent China From Supplying Battery Materials for EVs Set to Receive Billions in Tax Credits
- Beyond Profits: A Look Into Trevor & Greg's Serviced Accommodation Mentorship Program
- Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell Downplays Rate Cut Talk, Says More Rate Hikes Still Possible