Governor Susana Martinez stands firm in telling new lawmakers not to tap on the state's permanent fund to resolve budget deficit. There have been moves towards increasing fund distribution for education.
Google has been reported to conduct secret tests over drones under codename of SkyBender at Spaceport America in New Mexico. The tech giant is using 5G wireless that involves millimeter wave technology which is considered as the future of high speed data transmission technology. Though the test results have been kept secret, but the $300,000 tests bring fortune for Virgin Galactic Spaceflights, reportedly suffering from cash crunch.
New Mexico has become the first US state to sue the German automaker, Volkswagen, for breaching the Clean Air Act with huge levels of emissions as well as for trade malpractices. The allegation is the company sold as many as 4000-10000 faulty models whose nitrogen-oxide emissions exceeded the limits by 40%, which could cost VW almost $20 billion in fines.
Oil production from the United States' biggest shale plays is poised to keep expanding at the same breakneck pace into early next year, according to new U.S. projections released on Monday that highlighted a slow response to tumbling prices.
Tesla Motors quietly secured permits to modify a former Chrysler facility in California and is hiring 32 workers for the said facility, according to a Bloomberg report published last week.
US-based search giant Google agreed to acquire Moriarty, New Mexico-based solar-powered drone maker Titan Aerospace for an undisclosed amount for Project Loon, an initiative that aims to bring the Internet to currently offline places of the world.
New York, US-based online educational provider Knowledge Delivery Systems bagged $6 million in its fourth funding round from Edison Ventures to implement programs that will help improve urban school districts in the country.
California-based identity authentication firm HID Global acquired Albuquerque, New Mexico-based authentication solutions provider Lumidigm for an undisclosed amount to extend its product portfolio and gain new secure identity solutions.
New Mexico, US-based app design and development startup ByteWare Apps launched Superflat, its first iPad gaming app, which is a supplement to the construction-based computer game Minecraft.
A study by The Institute for College Access and Success found that America's class of 2012 graduated with an average of USD29,400 in student loan debt. Student debt levels, however, varies according to state and geographical regions.
Vanderbilt settles with New Mexico on unjust enrichment investments.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Donald Trump Reacts to Vladimir Putin's Comments That He Prefers Joe Biden Over Him in the White House
- Russia's Vladimir Putin Says Russian Scientists Are Close to Creating Cancer Vaccines
- North Korea Is Ready to Boost Bilateral Ties With Japan, Which Just Lost Its Spot as World's Third-Largest Economy
- Kevin Hart's Entertainment Company To Be Led By A Former Warner Bros. Executive
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Avoids Taiwan for Foxconn's 50th; COO Attends Instead
- Microsoft Catches Hackers From Russia, China, North Korea, Iran Using OpenAI Tools to Improve Their Cyberattacks
- Amazon Founder Jeff Bezos Completes Selling Up to 50 Million Shares, Netting $8.5 Billion
- Salt Bae Restaurant Cuts Down Energy Expenses Despite Selling Overpriced Steaks