According to PwC and NVCA report, Charlottesville has been the fastest growing startup since 2010. Between 2010-2015, venture-backed startups increased 55% annually in the place where Thomas Jefferson's house is located.
National Venture Capital Association
Venture capital firms raise less capital and face a slowdown in tech funding for 2015. However, the number is still above annual average since 2006.
Venture capital fund in the U.S. dropped by 9% in 2015, but a strong fundraising pace from 2014 continued. Investor become more selective to put the capital in startup companies.
Venture capital firms in the US have raised a record-breaking total funding amounting to $8.9 billion in the first quarter of 2014, according to Thomson Reuters and the National Venture Capital Association.
North Texas received more than $630 million in venture capital investments in 2013, demonstrating a significant improvement from the $126 million commitment the region received in 2012.
In an attempt to argue against beliefs that this year will bear witness to a lot of bubbles, Jeff Bussgang said on his report that the technology sector will be contributing majority of groundbreaking records in terms of initial public offerings.
Both Wall Street and Silicon Valley await how the market responds to Twitter's IPO.
A report released by the National Venture Capital Association showed a record USD4.1 billion was raised by 54 venture capital firms in the past 12 months.
US venture firm fundraising activity decreased 54% in the second quarter this year.
U.S. venture capital firms raised $5.91 billion in the second quarter, but the total went to just 38 funds.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- How to Protect Yourself from Check Fraud: Tips and Best Practices
- Mobi: Empowering Consumer Product Companies with Real-time Sales Data
- Exploring the Future of Economic Growth: The Top 5 Special Economic Zones to Watch in 2023
- David Tomassoni (Salvaje): How the Hospitality Industry has Rebounded in the Post-Pandemic World
- How Test Automation Tools are Revolutionizing the Software Development Process
- From Shark Tank to Main Street: Kevin Harrington’s New Fintech Platform is Making Investing in Small Businesses Easier Than Ever
- Meet Kelcy Warren: The CEO Behind Energy Transfer
- World TradeX Creates Nft'S And Digital Coins With Intrinsic Value