Major banks wary of heavy U.S. penalties will be reluctant to restore ties with Iran even if sanctions are lifted in a possible nuclear deal, bank executives and advisers say, likely denting Iran's ambition to attract foreign investment to revive its crippled economy.
Germany-based incubator program Rocket Internet is planning to team up with telecom provider MTN Group to form Middle East Internet Holding (MEIH), which will invest $410 million to develop e-commerce firms in the region.
Turkish mobile phone company Turkcell has taken to a South African court its $4.2 billion lawsuit against rival MTN Group, alleging it was the victim of "corruption and bribery" that caused it to lose a contract in Iran.
Amadeus Capital Partners achieved first close for Amadeus IV Digital Prosperity Fund with MTN as major investor.
MTN Group Ltd. stalled its talks with Reliance Communications Ltd. due to India's current revision of rules on mergers and acquisitions.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- How to Protect Yourself from Check Fraud: Tips and Best Practices
- Mobi: Empowering Consumer Product Companies with Real-time Sales Data
- Exploring the Future of Economic Growth: The Top 5 Special Economic Zones to Watch in 2023
- David Tomassoni (Salvaje): How the Hospitality Industry has Rebounded in the Post-Pandemic World
- How Test Automation Tools are Revolutionizing the Software Development Process
- From Shark Tank to Main Street: Kevin Harrington’s New Fintech Platform is Making Investing in Small Businesses Easier Than Ever
- Meet Kelcy Warren: The CEO Behind Energy Transfer
- World TradeX Creates Nft'S And Digital Coins With Intrinsic Value