Taking mobile payments a step further, a new app on Apple Watch called 'Square Cash' enables transfer of funds among the users for free of cost. Without using your wallet, one can pay mobile payments using Square Cash on Apple Watch.
Apple Inc is already working towards the expansion of its mobile payments service to leverage on its rising number of iPhone and iPad users and iTunes customers, sources told The Wall Street Journal.
The market in mobile payment or transaction apps using Bitcoin as a payment option is being fueled by a growing interest in average consumers who view payments via their smartphones as an easy way to settle their dues.
Brian Fung, in his report which appeared on The Switch at The Washington Post, said the world is moving away from true mobile payments as evidenced by the presence of plastic card offerings from various companies.
Index, a startup that provides software to enhance customer experience in physical stores, received USD7 million in Series A investment from investors including Innovation Endeavors, of which Google executive chairman Eric Schmidt is a co-founder.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Forget the kitties - cryptocelebrities are the latest blockchain money spinner
- OUKITEL Engineers Team Endorse for the 10000mAh K7, To Make the Best large battery smartphone
- Debt in the US: Is the Government Setting a Bad Example for All of Us?
- OUKITEL K7 is Coming soon: 10000mAh battery with 18:9 diaplay
- How Fintech Is Changing The Shape Of The Market
- Was Currencies Direct a Good Buy?
- Will ICOs Signal the End of the VC Industry?
- (VIDEO Review) YEPO 737A Notebook 6GB RAM