Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCHA.MI) (FCAU.N) is a long way from making any offer to the shareholders of U.S. rival General Motors (GM.N) over a possible tie-up, FCA Chief Executive Sergio Marchionne said on Wednesday.
As part of his quest for a mega merger, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles Chief Executive Sergio Marchionne sent an email to General Motors Co Chief Executive Officer Mary Barra in March suggesting combining the automakers but was rebuffed, the New York Times reported on Saturday.
General Motors Co said it will fall short of its goal of having 500,000 GM vehicles on U.S. roads by 2017 that are powered by some form of electricity.
General Motors Co (GM.N) awarded its top executives with shares in the company as part of a long-term incentive plan, according to company filings with U.S. regulators.
Outgoing chief executive officer of General Motors Co Dan Akerson has said that US taxpayers actually netted a gain despite the US government losing $10.5 billion stemming from a bailout package it extended to the carmaker in 2009, according to an Associated Press report.
Detroit-based company said yesterday on a conference call that the departure of its chief executive officer Dan Akerson was personal, as his wife of over 40 years has been diagnosed with advanced cancer.
General Motors Co. has named Mary Barra as new chief executive officer a day after the US government exited its final shares of GM. Barra will replace GM CEO Dan Akerson who is retiring on January 15.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Buy OUKITEL U23 at Unmissable Price on DealExtreme, Only $169.99 for a 6.18 Inch 6GB RAM Phone
- OUKITEL is Releasing a New 10000mAh Battery Smartphone K12 With Waterdrop Design
- 3 Easy Ways To Minimize Costs For Mother Of The Bride And Groom Outfits
- Large Display and Big battery, OUKITEL Introduces 3 Big Battery Smartphones on Global Sources Electronics Exhibition
- Top 5 Tips For Trading Oil
- Important SEO Concepts to Appreciate for 2019
- Accessories and equipment for emergency situations
- OUKITEL K9 Official Release: Built for Video & Games with 6000mAh battery and 7.12 inch Big Display