This week has been so brutal for China's stock market.
Goldman Sachs Research is boldly predicting that the global economy is poised to outperform expectations in 2024, demonstrating resilience in the face of recent challenges.
Observing the overall stock markets, a report identified the five stock market sectors best for investment in 2017. Predicted to continue the upward trend and have lots of potential for profits are the automobile industry, building and construction, industrial machinery, toys sector, and water sector.
Starbucks sees the potential of its fast-growing China business to one day overtake the U.S. market. The company plans to open more stores in the next five years, half of which will be in the U.S. and in China as the brand remains attractive for the retailers.
Swiss pharmaceutical giant Roche has experienced an improved revenue this year. However, it also saw a decline in market cap as its invetors remain cautious on broader industry factors.
There are still ways to have a good market research.
Online marketplace mortgage financer LedInvest grew revenues by 133% in 2016 and turned a profit of £3.4 million accounts show.
Financial tech and its $147 billion potential market opportunity required financial regulators to supervise the industry. In 2015, investments in the fintech sector doubled, reaching $14 billion.
The turbulent situation Japan's banking sector is likely to impact global markets. A leading hedge fund manager says that collapse in the Japan's banking industry blindsides the market, while shrugging off any possibility of banking crisis in the world's third largest economy.
It was agreed that Apollo Global Management is taking over Fresh Market Inc. Chairman and founder Ray Berry is not so pleased and is considering of making the company private where he and his son own 9.8% of shares. This would be Apollo's third largest acquisition that is worth more than a billion dollars.
Led by energy and banking stocks, equities on Wall Street surged after the latest data buoyed investor confidence. Crude oil price was nearing $35 per barrel. Wall Street is waiting for jobs data to be released on Friday.
The news came as a surprise because previously the grocer had faced significant drop in sales and shares. Tesco also reported its lowest-ever sales last year on April. Other grocers also reported better sales than predicted.
Realty brokers in battered Ferguson, Missouri, are predicting many homes could go up for sale early next year after rioting over the August police shooting of a black teenager appeared to put a chill on the number of active listings.
With Congressional election results so far confirming expectations, a Republican takeover of the U.S. Senate will likely deal investors a result that could have a direct effect on the energy sector and other slices of the equities market.
There is no need to panic at the recent drop in oil prices, the secretary general of OPEC said on Wednesday, saying low prices would curb competing supplies and require the group to pump far more by the end of the decade.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- The IRS Proposes Child Tax Credit Expansion To Benefit 16 Million Low-Income Children
- Joe Biden Lambasted Online for Bragging Supreme Court 'Didn't Stop' Him From Canceling Student Loan Debt
- Kevin Hart's Entertainment Company To Be Led By A Former Warner Bros. Executive
- North Korea's Kim Jong Un Receives Car From Russia's Vladimir Putin in Another Sign of Warming Ties Between the 2 Countries
- US SEC Scraps Some of Its Most Ambitious Greenhouse Gas Emission Disclosure Requirements From Draft Climate Rules: Report
- Judge Junks Donald Trump Requests for 30-Day Extension to Pay $355 Million Civil Fraud Fine
- Reddit to Go Public After Submitting Its IPO Filing to Trade on NYSE Under the Ticker 'RDDT'
- Intuitive Machines Makes History After Its Odysseus Lander Becomes First Commercial Spacecraft to Land on Moon