Just after two days of IMF cautions, BoE has warned over blink economic outlook in post-Brexit era. Prior to that BoE governor has described Brexit as the biggest domestic financial stability risk. BoE and its governor have drawn criticisms from the pro-Brexit campaigners following clear stance against leaving EU.
In fear of Brexit, economists predicted British central bank will keep its interest rate low. While Bank of England Governor Mark Carney warned that Brexit will damage British financial stability.
Year 2015 was dubbed as year of fintech. As financial technology startup companies flourish and gain huge fund. Global regulators are closely monitoring the fintech startups and will propose rules to regulate them.
Deutsche Borse confirmed that it is in talks with London Stock Exchange regarding a potential merger. The parties remain hopeful that a possible merger transaction will take place.
Bank of England has many choices to boost Britain's economy. The bank may slack its financial policy on fears that the country may exit the European Union.
Mark Carney, Chairman of the Financial Stability Board, said banks had infused fresh capital amount to half a trillion dollars since 2009.
The Bank of England's record low interest rates were doubted after an unexpected dissent from its policymaker and its robust jobs data.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Vladimir Putin: Russia Becoming 'New Global Growth Center' Despite Western Isolation
- Amazon Removes Venmo as Payment Method, Causing PayPal Shares to Drop
- AMD Shares Rise After it Unveils New AI Chips to Compete with Nvidia
- Elon Musk Trashes Bob Iger, Says Disney CEO Should Be 'Fired Immediately'
- Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell Downplays Rate Cut Talk, Says More Rate Hikes Still Possible
- Uber Shares Jump After the Ride-Hailing Company Picked to Join the S&P 500 Index
- Gold Price Hits New Record High; Bitcoin Value Also Surges
- Beyond Profits: A Look Into Trevor & Greg's Serviced Accommodation Mentorship Program