GoDaddy Inc's shares rose as much as 34 percent in their debut on Wednesday following a $460 million initial public offering, as investors spotted a bargain in a company making a shift from Internet domains to small-business services.
Web hosting company GoDaddy Inc has priced its initial public offering at $20 per share, above its previously indicated $17 to $19 per share range, valuing it at around $4.5 billion, including debt, according to underwriting sources.
Australia's Treasury Wine Estates Ltd (TWE.AX), one of the world's biggest wine companies, rejected takeover offers from private equity firms saying bids that valued it at $3 billion were insufficient and required it take on too much debt.
Japanese car electronics maker Pioneer Corp (6773.T) said on Tuesday that it would sell its disc-jockey equipment business to private equity firm KKR & Co LP (KKR.N) for about 59 billion yen($550 million).
Private equity company KKR & Co LP said on Tuesday it had raised a $1.5 billion real estate fund, its first dedicated investment pool for the asset class, which is rebounding in the United States amid a modest economic recovery.
Tyco International Inc's South Korean security systems unit ADT Caps is reportedly attracting bids from private equity firms including KKR & Co LP and Bain Capital.
Blackstone Group LP said Thursday it had hired David Calhoun, chief executive of television ratings company Nielsen Holdings NV, to work with the bosses of the private equity firm's companies in order to deliver more value.
Private equity firm Hellman & Friedman LLC is pushing ahead with a $4 billion sale of Getty Images Inc.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Swiss Bank Banque Pictet Admits to Conspiring With US Taxpayers to Hide Over $5.6 Billion From IRS
- Spotify to Lay Off 17% of Its Workforce — Here’s What CEO Daniel Ek Has to Say
- Gold Price Hits New Record High; Bitcoin Value Also Surges
- This Crypto Blockchain Emerges as Preferred Platform by Terrorist Groups Like Hamas and Hezbollah
- US to Prevent China From Supplying Battery Materials for EVs Set to Receive Billions in Tax Credits
- Beyond Profits: A Look Into Trevor & Greg's Serviced Accommodation Mentorship Program
- Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell Downplays Rate Cut Talk, Says More Rate Hikes Still Possible
- Despite AI Hype, New Data Shows Only Few US Companies Are Actually Using It