North Korea's leader Kim Jong Un's powerful sister, Kim Yo Jong, expressed openness to improve her country's relations with Japan.
The Japanese yen has reached the top hitting a 17-month high on Tuesday. The appreciation takes place following advice from Japanese Prime Minister for cautious market intervention by authorities. Addition of value to yen cause downward trend in Nikkei average index on the same day leading towards a 18% drop during this year.
Through a surprise move, Bank of Japan has adopted negative interest rate aiming to force the banks in investment. Meanwhile, the negative economic outlook has compelled the commercial banks to squeeze their investment portfolios while diminishing the BOJ move. Analysts have forecast for unchanged monetary policy in Tuesday’s meeting while predicting for a major change in April.
The Bank of Japan is anticipated to reduce its interest rates into a negative territory further at or before the bank's meeting in July. The bank is anticipated to trim its interest rate to minus 0.2% due to low domestic spending and slump in the energy market.
The Government Pension Investment Fund of Japan reported an investment profit of ¥4.73 trillion in the third quarter of 2015, compared to an investment loss of ¥7.9 trillion in the previous quarter.
The economy of Japan shrank during the fourth quarter of 2015 as a result of weak export and demand. The shrinking population also added to the economic slowdown.
The economy of Japan struggled last month according to a wave of data released by the Bank of Japan. The industrial production was down 1.4% over the prior month.
Japan's Prime Minister's focus on improving the nation's day care facilities to help women population work. This, he believes, plays a pivotal role in improving the sluggish economy as well as their ageing population.
Japanese economy faced a higher deficit as overseas economies strengthens.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Joe Biden Lambasted Online for Bragging Supreme Court 'Didn't Stop' Him From Canceling Student Loan Debt
- Oil Prices Continue to Fall as Dollar Strengthens, Inflation Fears Grow
- The IRS Proposes Child Tax Credit Expansion To Benefit 16 Million Low-Income Children
- AT&T Offers Credit to Customers Affected by Network Outage
- Red Sea Attacks by Houthi Rebels Affect Most UK Exporters, Survey Shows
- Build Club Founder Annie Liao Is Among Those Australians Who Quit Their Jobs to Chase the $1.8 Trillion AI Sector
- Paramount Studios Possibly Put Under Credit Rating Downgrade Amid Cash Flow Challenges
- Change Healthcare Hit by Cyberattack: UnitedHealth Says Government-Backed Hackers Are Behind It