Burberry filed a lawsuit over the claim that U.S. retailer J.C. Penney sold infringed products. The retailer was accused of copying Burberry’s century-old pattern trademark and kept selling the product for up to two months after Burberry raised its objections.
Apple is continuously adding incredible features and apps for easy consumer use. It considered the needs of online shoppers to carry out an effortless and convenient process of buying.
Department store chain J.C. Penney Co Inc (JCP.N) reported a lower-than-expected quarterly adjusted profit as it discounted more during the holiday season and invested in store expansions.
J.C. Penney was dropped from the Standard & Poor's 500 index after losing more than half of its market value this year alone. Its downward spiral began during a failed transformation under former CEO Ron Johnson, who was fired last April after 17 months in the job.
Top U.S. hedge fund managers in the third quarter zoned in on the consumer sector, with investment plays ranging from Sotheby's, a high-end auction house that caters to millionaires, to J.C. Penney Co, the struggling department store chain.
Bill Ackman lost half his investment after selling entire J.C. Penney stake to Citigroup.
Activist investor William Ackman admitted that he made mistakes on all three retailers that included J.C. Penney, Target and Borders Group.
J.C. Penney appoints new director to settle publicized clash with Bill Ackman.
J.C. Penney Co prepares to hire at least one new director to appease largest shareholder William Ackman's demands for a more functional board.
Bill Ackman, the largest shareholder of J.C. Penney, have taken the offensive by airing out damaging statements against the company. In response, the board is discussing a possible retaliation.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- How to Protect Yourself from Check Fraud: Tips and Best Practices
- Mobi: Empowering Consumer Product Companies with Real-time Sales Data
- Exploring the Future of Economic Growth: The Top 5 Special Economic Zones to Watch in 2023
- David Tomassoni (Salvaje): How the Hospitality Industry has Rebounded in the Post-Pandemic World
- How Test Automation Tools are Revolutionizing the Software Development Process
- From Shark Tank to Main Street: Kevin Harrington’s New Fintech Platform is Making Investing in Small Businesses Easier Than Ever
- Meet Kelcy Warren: The CEO Behind Energy Transfer
- World TradeX Creates Nft'S And Digital Coins With Intrinsic Value