Central bank of Chile has not changed its key interest rate for three months in a row even though it recorded the slowest economy growth rate in six years in January 2016. The inflation rate is alarmingly at 4.7 percent above the two percent target of Chile government.
New Zealand's economy growth rate was higher than the forecasts for last quarter of 2015. Led by business services, retail, accommodation and construction sectors, the country's gross domestic product (GDP) surpassed the forecasts made by Reuters and Reserve Bank. But, the overall growth eased to 2.3 percent in 2015 from 4.1 percent in 2014.
Bank of England has many choices to boost Britain's economy. The bank may slack its financial policy on fears that the country may exit the European Union.
The debt burden of South African farmers reached to over Rand 125 billion ($7.5 billion). The total debt of farmers was up 14 percent in 2015 to Rand117 billion. Economists alert that the prevailing slump in commodities markets, tighter monetary, fiscal policy, drought conditions and drop in value of Rand will trigger higher than expected inflation rate.
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Governor Raghuram Rajan's latest measure to slash benchmark repurchase rate is finally giving results as commercial banks started cutting down interest rates.
An inflation-busting wage deal for Germany's biggest labor union agreed on Tuesday looks set to boost household spending this year after consumer activity propelled strong growth in Europe's largest economy at the end of 2014.
Tightening monetary policy in China has been reduced due to the slowing yearly consumer inflation rate of 3% in November from 3.2% the month before, said a Reuters report.
Government Pension Investment Fund president Takahiro Mitani's comments about Bank of Japan meeting its 2% infaltion goal was contradictory to the statements made by Prime Minister Shinzo Abe appointee and economist Takatoshi Ito.
Petroleos de Venezuela SA is set on selling USD4.5 billion worth of bonds to increase scarce international reserves as well as curb the fastest rising inflation rate in the world.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Al Humaidi Family of Kuwait: An Entrepreneurial Family to Watch
- History of Changing the Treatment of Diseases With the Help of Biomedicine.
- UN Ambassador & Forbes Honoree Chrissybil Boulin is Transforming Education
- How To Get An Automotive Investment Deal From Venture Capitalists
- Avoid These Mistakes When Pitching to Venture Capitalists
- Arctic Bearz - A Unique NFT Linked With the Preservation of Polar Bears
- Non-fungible tokens: Multi Billion-dollar Industry beyond JPEGs
- Samurai Cats is the latest NFT project associated with art by Hiro Ando.