The turbulent situation Japan's banking sector is likely to impact global markets. A leading hedge fund manager says that collapse in the Japan's banking industry blindsides the market, while shrugging off any possibility of banking crisis in the world's third largest economy.
Perry Capital has recently invested $1 billion in investment grade bonds. The investment firm possesses a hedge fund of $10 billion and prepared to make investment. But Perry Capital leader Richard Perry waits for the suitable moment of investment.
Argentina is planning to issue $15-bilion bonds making it the largest sum by any developing nation since 1996. Country's new President Mauricio Macri-led government will use funds mobilized through bonds for repaying debts and supporting government spending.
Groupo BTG Pactual SA has been witnessed to tatter due to decrease in asset value it manages. To maintain the cash flow and remain profitable in the slower economy of Brazil, the Sao Paolo based bank has adopted some cost-cutting measures including job and bonus cuts.
Turing Pharmaceuticals said that it won't cut the list price of the drug. However, it will negotiate discount price with hospital. Last September, Turing Pharmaceuticals raised the price of live-saving drugs, Daraprim by more than fifty times.
Top U.S. hedge fund management firms, including David Einhorn's Greenlight Capital and Philippe Laffont's Coatue Management, reduced their stakes in Apple Inc during the fourth quarter, ahead of the iPhone maker's strong rally in 2015, according to regulatory filings.
Several of the biggest hedge fund managers slashed or dissolved their stake in China's Alibaba Group Holding Ltd at the end of last year, taking a prescient bet ahead of the company's surprise revenue miss last quarter that sent shares plunging in late January.
A fast-growing segment of U.S. retirement plans is using hedge-fund type strategies to bet a small but increasing slice of their assets.
Hedge funds specializing in bets on mergers and acquisitions are starting to see investors withdraw funds, prompting them to take a more cautious approach after being caught out by more than 500 corporate deals globally failing this year.
Leland Lim, a former partner at Goldman Sachs Group Inc, is planning to form his own hedge fund, according to sources with knowledge of the situation interviewed by Bloomberg.
PCA Investments have decided to close a multistrategy hedge fund after China's sovereign wealth fund China Investment Corp withdrew its support, according to sources interviewed by Bloomberg.
With its 25.2% gain, activist investor Daniel Loeb's Third Point beat rivals in 2013, Reuters reported. Loeb's hedge fund stayed in line with the Standard & Poor's 500 Index which rose 29.6% in the same period.
Marathon Asset Management, the New York-based hedge fund that owns the town of Scotia in California needs to make a slick exit, The Wall Street Journal reported.
Roshan Padamadan, a former HSBC Holdings Plc product specialist, has started a hedge fund that will seek for opportunities in global liquid securities, Bloomberg reported.
Bloomberg said in its report that nutrition company Herbalife Ltd attempted to destroy activist investor Bill Ackman's credibility after the latter claimed that the former is running a pyramid scheme.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Elon Musk Gets Confronted by NATO Ally Leader on Claim About the Military Alliance, Fact-Checked by His Own Platform
- OpenAI Executives Say Elon Musk's Lawsuit Stems From His 'Regrets’ That He’s No Longer Part of the Company
- IRS to Go After 125,000 High-Earning Americans Who Did Not File Tax Returns Going Back to 2017
- IRS Reveals How Quickly You Can Receive The Child Tax Credit Upon Approval
- Man Killed by Vitamin D Supplements He Took for 9 Months; Coroner Calls for Side Effect Warning to Supplement Labels
- Donald Trump, Other TMTG Bosses Accused in New Lawsuit of Trying to 'Drastically Dilute' Shares of Co-Founders
- Donald Trump Latest Gaffe: Ex-President Confuses Barack Obama for Joe Biden Again, Fueling Age Concerns
- Donald Trump Warns About the Biggest Stock Market Crash in US History if He Loses to Joe Biden and Investors Just Laugh