Two giant providers, AT&T and Time Warner proposed an $85 billion deal to merge the companies in order to provide more innovation in the industry. The merger, however, faced tough questions in the Senate as the regulators are skeptic about the possible effects of such large-scale deal to pricing and competition.
The 73rd Golden Globe Award nominations have been announced this year and there's a distinct source where a majority of the nominees are from. It looks like Americans are starting to get their entertainment from on-demand viewing channels instead of traditional broadcast or pay-TV.
Jon Stewart struck a four-year production deal with HBO, boosting Time Warner's share by 2 percent during midday trading. According to a report published on Forbes, Stewart's main job for the network is to create web content.
Sesame Street is coming to HBO this fall. According to the announcement, HBO will air the next five seasons of the iconic children's show and can be streamed on HBO's partner stations and streaming outlets.
Alibaba Group Holding Ltd (BABA.N) will launch an online video streaming service in China in about two months, hoping to emulate the U.S.'s Netflix Inc (NFLX.O) and HBO, the firm's head of digital entertainment said on Sunday.
After a night of New Year's Eve style partying, Las Vegas awoke ready to rumble on Saturday as the 'Fight of the Century' between unbeaten Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Manny Pacquiao entered the final countdown.
Video streaming pioneer Netflix Inc added more subscribers in the first quarter than it had projected, helped by aggressive expansion in overseas markets.
HBO is in talks with Apple Inc to be its launch partner for the highly anticipated HBO Now video streaming service, according to a report in Wednesday's International Business Times.
Amazon prides itself on being a company that breaks the rules, but its recent success in Hollywood also reflects an embrace of a more traditional, old-fashioned script.
Netflix Inc signed up fewer video streaming subscribers than forecast for the quarter that ended in September as its U.S. growth slowed markedly, sending its shares plunging as much as 27 percent.
Ten years ago, Walt Disney Co, having fended off a hostile bid from Comcast, had to make a case why it was better off as an independent company.
New York City, US-based HTML5 game developer and distributor TreSensa bagged $2 million in a Series A funding round led by Caribou Asset Management to continue distributing games for mobile browsers.
San Diego, US-based software investor JMI Equity led a $38-million Series D venture capital round for the expansion and development of Utah-based work flow management software company AtTask.
3D printing continued to spur copyright clash between low-end 3D printer users and various companies that defend their copyrights on electronics.
Time Warner beat the earnings projections of analysts as ad revenue boosted.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Elon Musk Mocks Canada's Justin Trudeau by Sharing Real Images of Him in 'Brownface,' Various Costumes He Credited to AI Tool
- The IRS Proposes Child Tax Credit Expansion To Benefit 16 Million Low-Income Children
- Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg Seeks to Dismiss Personal Liability in Lawsuits Blaming Him for Kids' Social Media Addiction
- Change Healthcare Hit by Cyberattack: UnitedHealth Says Government-Backed Hackers Are Behind It
- US Judge Approves Binance $4.3 Billion Guilty Plea as Prosecutors Seek Changes to Founder Changpeng Zhao's Bond
- Donald Trump Requests to Extend 30-Day Period to Pay $355 Million Civil Fraud Fine as His Campaign Faces Financial Peril
- Nobel Peace Prize 2024: Elon Musk Nominated for Being a 'Stout Proponent of Free Speech,' and Allowing Ukraine to 'Communicate'
- Amazon Pays $1.9 Million to Over 700 Migrant Workers to Settle Human Rights Abuse Claims