Amazon.com is finally no longer selling Apple TV or other streaming devices like Google's Chromecast to boost sales of its own Fire TV box and Fire TV Stick units. The company's plan to discontinue selling competing product was first announced earlier in October.
Google Play will get a major upgrade soon according to a teaser released by a Googler, Kirill Grouchnikov. Based on the teaser, the apps store will feature a better categorization method and will become a lot more user-friendly as Google is planning to cope with the increasing number of new users using the apps store.
Facebook Moments app introduces a new feature; a photo collection aggregated from your phone in a form of video. Moments automatically collects your photos and pick the right type of music based on 12 background themes that is shareable with your Facebook friends by means of facial recognition.
Encrypted messaging app Telegram was hit by a huge distributed denial of service attack over the weekend impaling its servers in Asia.
Walt Disney Co's cloud-based movie storage service will give customers the ability to add purchases from Vudu, an online store operated by Wal-Mart Stores Inc, a Disney official said on Friday.
Walt Disney Co said its cloud-based movie service will expand to include purchases made through the Google Play online store, the latest in a string of moves by Hollywood studios to encourage digital ownership.
Finding new smartphone and tablet apps is getting easier, thanks to new apps designed to help people discover still more apps.
Social media giant Twitter snapped up Cover, a startup that offers a lock screen and app drawer for Android devices, for an undisclosed amount, to boost its popularity among Android users.
After releasing the Office for iPad, software giant Microsoft made Office Mobile for iPhone and Office Mobile for Android free for home use to, but businesses still have to subscribe to use the Office 365.
Flappy Bird creator Dong Nguyen told Rolling Stone he is thinking of bringing back the game but that won't be easy because of a clause in Apple's developer agreement, VentureBeat reported.
Flappy Bird, the popular mobile game created by Vietnamese developer Dong Nguyen, proliferated in app stores and even on the Internet in the form of HTML5 games after the original game was pulled from the Apple App Store and Google Play.
Flappy Bird, a mobile game created by Hanoi-Vietnam-based developer Dong Nguyen of dotGears Studios, hit the top spot of free mobile apps in the Google Play and iOS app stores, mainly because it is very challenging and frustrating.
China based mobile app distribution platform Wandoujia raised $120 million in a recent funding round led by SoftBank Corp, for the acceleration of its growth and development of its mobile search technology.
Tech giant Google has purchased Timely, the alarm clock app created by BitSpin, for an undisclosed sum, making all its versions including the upgraded one, completely free.
Google Inc., which acquired startup Bump Technologies last year for $30 million to $60 million, will end the operations of smartphone file-sharing app Bump and photo-aggregating software Flock on January 31.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Elon Musk Gets Confronted by NATO Ally Leader on Claim About the Military Alliance, Fact-Checked by His Own Platform
- OpenAI Executives Say Elon Musk's Lawsuit Stems From His 'Regrets’ That He’s No Longer Part of the Company
- IRS to Go After 125,000 High-Earning Americans Who Did Not File Tax Returns Going Back to 2017
- IRS Reveals How Quickly You Can Receive The Child Tax Credit Upon Approval
- Man Killed by Vitamin D Supplements He Took for 9 Months; Coroner Calls for Side Effect Warning to Supplement Labels
- Donald Trump, Other TMTG Bosses Accused in New Lawsuit of Trying to 'Drastically Dilute' Shares of Co-Founders
- Donald Trump Latest Gaffe: Ex-President Confuses Barack Obama for Joe Biden Again, Fueling Age Concerns
- Donald Trump Warns About the Biggest Stock Market Crash in US History if He Loses to Joe Biden and Investors Just Laugh