Google Drive and chat services such as Google+ Hangouts were affected by a widespread outage which began at 12 pm ET on Monday, with Google still investigating the issue.
Los Angeles, US-based graphics-rendering firm Otoy acquired San Francisco-based app-streaming startup AppSlingr for an undisclosed amount to make large applications run in the cloud using any device.
In 2010, China has blocked American cloud storage service Dropbox for an unconfirmed reason, but last week, the Asian country has once again opened its access to Dropbox, according to Tech In Asia.
nCrypted Cloud, a service that encrypts shared data on Dropbox, Google Drive and others, raised $3 million from angel investors for its seed funding round, TechCrunch reported.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Vladimir Putin: Russia Becoming 'New Global Growth Center' Despite Western Isolation
- Investing Experts Say Now Is the Best Time to Invest in Small- and Midsize-Company Stocks — Here's Why
- Why Billionaire Tech Leader Romesh Wadhwani Is Investing $1 Billion on AI's Future
- Swiss Bank Banque Pictet Admits to Conspiring With US Taxpayers to Hide Over $5.6 Billion From IRS
- Maximizing Social Security Retirement Benefits: Experts Reveal Strategies to Get Bigger Monthly Checks
- Elon Musk's AI Startup X.AI Seeks to Raise $1 Billion From Equity Investors
- US Economy Is Still Robust With Labor Market Adding 199,000 Jobs in November
- Amazon Removes Venmo as Payment Method, Causing PayPal Shares to Drop