Billionaire financier George Soros is ready to invest $1 billion in Ukraine, if Western countries help private investment there. He also put the odds of Greece leaving the euro at a third, in an interview with Austrian newspaper Der Standard.
Argentine President Cristina Fernandez on Monday will meet bondholder and billionaire financier George Soros, who is suing a U.S. bank caught in the middle of the country's latest debt default, a government minister said.
Soros Fund Management sold the stake it held in retailer JC Penney, liquidating 19.98 million shares, in the final quarter of last year, Reuters reported citing a regulatory filing.
Sources told the Financial Times that billionaire George Soros has bought a 3.1% stake in Spanish builder FCC. The acquisition happened just three months after Microsoft's Bill Gates also made a bet on the company.
Shares of debt-laden construction firm FCC SA leaped by as much as 8.8% on Friday following news that American hedge fund Soros Fund Management, controlled by billionaire George Soros, had acquired a 3% stake in the company.
Recent data revealed that performance of hedge funds in the US this year was poor in comparison to the US stocks index despite massive fees demanded by money managers from its clients.
OneWest Bank is planning a dividend payout of USD 1 billion to its investors before it holds an initial public offering next year, according to sources who have knowledge of the matter.
The world's largest retailer is likely to provide an update on its layaway program's results and on early indications of whether shoppers are taking to its first holiday specials. Wall Street is waiting to see whether Wal-Mart again cuts its fiscal year forecast.
Soros and Golmand Sachs-backed Essent Group Ltd. filed for an initial public offering yesterday valued USD287.5 million.
George Soros added another 2 million shares to his JC Penney portfolio while other investors exited or reduced their holdings.
Jim Wang of the Taiwan Merger & Acquisition and Private Equity Council said that an executive that handles George Soros' Asian funds visited Taiwan.
Billionaire investor George Soros has received regulatory approval to enter the Brazilian telecom fray.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- JPMorgan Chase Is Ready to Leave China if Ordered by US Government, Bank CEO Jamie Dimon Says
- A Tale of Leadership in Healthcare Finance — Meet Terence Mills
- SoFI Is Exiting the Crypto World — Here Are the 3 Best Alternatives for Trading Crypto
- General Motors Stock Jumps 10% as the Automaker Announces $10 Billion Buyback, Dividend Hike
- Warren Buffett's Trusted Associate Charlie Munger Dies at 99: What's Next for Berkshire Hathaway?
- Silver Koi's Co-Founders, Claire Chen and E. Choi, Rapidly and Abundantly Transform NFTs
- Mark Cuban to Sell Majority Stake of Dallas Mavericks to Sands Casino Family for $3.5 Billion
- Alibaba Co-Founder Jack Ma, the Chinese Tech's Poster Boy, Moves Into Food Business