Fortress Investment Group (FIG.N) is prioritizing investments in hotels in Japan, a senior executive said on Monday, as the U.S. asset manager seeks to cash in on a government drive to boost tourism ahead of the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
Fortress Investment Group
US-based investment firms Benchmark Capital, Fortress Investment Group, and Ribbit Capital are buying a stake in Pantera Capital's Bitcoin fund called Pantera Bitcoin and committed to conduct virtual currency transactions through Pantera.
Xapo has obtained a $20 million funding from Benchmark Capital, Fortress Investment Group Llc and other investors to keep Bitcoins safe and secure, TechCrunch reported.
An unnamed Washington, DC-based angel investment group supported Ohio-based mobile health application service provider iRxReminder with a $250,000 investment for its seed round, a statement about the financing said.
A regulatory filing showed that Fortress Transportation and Infrastructure Investors intends to raise up to $100 million in its initial public offering in New York, Reuters reported.
US-based Fortress Investment Group intends to raise $1.9 billion to form the first infrastructure fund in Japan called Fortress Japan Income Fund, sources told Reuters.
LightSquared is proposing a new bankruptcy exit plan with financing from Fortress Investment Group and other backers, as the U.S. wireless communications company seeks to avoid a sale to highest bidder Dish Network Corp.
Forstress Investment Group unit Newcastle Investment Corp said it will be purchasing a portfolio of 52 senior housing properties from Holiday Acquisition Holdings for USD 1.01 billion.
A CNBC report said the infrastructure industry, including power plants, ports and pipes, has given private equity companies and hedge fund firms opportunities for investment.
Fortress Investment Group said that they are pushing Blackstone Group LP to sell and exit investments.
Crossroads Systems stated that it has acquired a US$10 million credit deal from Fortress Investment Group and its affiliates.
A flock of "vulture" funds is gathering in Madrid in the hope that a banking sector shakeout will finally deliver a bonanza of real estate and distressed company assets at rock bottom prices.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- How to Protect Yourself from Check Fraud: Tips and Best Practices
- Mobi: Empowering Consumer Product Companies with Real-time Sales Data
- Exploring the Future of Economic Growth: The Top 5 Special Economic Zones to Watch in 2023
- David Tomassoni (Salvaje): How the Hospitality Industry has Rebounded in the Post-Pandemic World
- How Test Automation Tools are Revolutionizing the Software Development Process
- From Shark Tank to Main Street: Kevin Harrington’s New Fintech Platform is Making Investing in Small Businesses Easier Than Ever
- Meet Kelcy Warren: The CEO Behind Energy Transfer
- World TradeX Creates Nft'S And Digital Coins With Intrinsic Value