The IOTA foundation is investing $10 million in early-stage startups focusing on digital trade and tokenization of real-world assets, fostering innovation within the IOTA ecosystem.
Overstock.com is making a strategic investment in Caribbean digital currency firm Bitt. The $4 million in Series A will be allocated to improve Bitt’s software as well as expanding its operation across other Caribbean countries.
A man who helped to promote bitcoin wants to remain in the business despite pleading guilty Thursday to indirectly helping send more than $1 million in the digital currency to users of the illicit online marketplace Silk Road, his lawyer said.
Several bitcoin exchanges including the now-defunct Mt. Gox received subpoenas from Manhattan federal prosecutors this winter as they look into possible ties between the exchanges and the online drug market Silk Road, the Wall Street Journal reported on Monday, citing people familiar with the matter.
As common sense begins to sink in, it has become evident that there is no good reason to own Bitcoins, Edward Hadas of Reuters Breakingviews writes.
The Bitcoin's price instability is a reflection of the digital currency's vulnerability to the decisions of government officials, The New York Times The Dealbook reported.
Bitcoins suffered a blow in Norway as the government declared that it was not real money. It will be treated as an asset and be subject to a capital gains tax, Bloomberg reported.
Virtual currencies are all the rage these days, with Bitcoin at the lead. A report on The Irish Times examined the other solutions that the digital money could provide.
Just what is the Bitcoin? A report from Wired gives a clearer understanding of what the digital currency is, how it is used, where it can be obtained and how to keep your Bitcoin wallet safe from thieves.
An analyst said that the involvement of Bitcoin in the Silk Road online marketplace scandal provided enough boost for the digital currency to receive support from the market, and even US government agencies, as an accepted investment and payment technology solution.
Bloomberg Businessweek reported that the Bitcoin frenzy had reached China.
Bitcoin Foundation joins U.S. regulators in FinCEN-hosted discussion regarding digital currency.
Owning Bitcoin could become illegal if governments outlawed the digital currency due to unusual risks and decentralization.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Man Killed by Vitamin D Supplements He Took for 9 Months; Coroner Calls for Side Effect Warning to Supplement Labels
- IRS to Go After 125,000 High-Earning Americans Who Did Not File Tax Returns Going Back to 2017
- Hawaii Becomes the 4th State to Have Federally Funded EV Charging Station — And It's on Maui
- Donald Trump, Other TMTG Bosses Accused in New Lawsuit of Trying to 'Drastically Dilute' Shares of Co-Founders
- IBM Seeks Volunteers for Layoffs, Targeting 80% Reduction in Worldwide Staff
- IRS Reveals How Quickly You Can Receive The Child Tax Credit Upon Approval
- Hunter Biden Exposes Republicans' Indifference, Double Standard on Jared Kushner’s Foreign Business Dealings
- OpenAI Executives Say Elon Musk's Lawsuit Stems From His 'Regrets’ That He’s No Longer Part of the Company