Abengoa SA has been witnessed to tatter since Spain government has withdrawn subsidy on renewable energy sector. The company has been battling with a debt burden of €8.9 billion and seeks fresh cash injection of €1.66 billion by the next two years. However, analysts doubt on the Spanish energy producer’s cash requirements.
Gramercy said that it will pursue more than 1.3 billion US dollar from the government of Peru over a land bond clash. The dispute relates to bonds issued as per the military dictatorship in the 1960s and 1970s as reimbursement to farmers who lost their lands under the agrarian reform.
Argentina's plan for making payments on its sovereign bonds via a local bank aims to protect the vast majority of creditors who participated in two debt restructurings, Cabinet chief Jorge Capitanich said on Wednesday.
To help it restructure its debt, retailer Brookstone Co has hired a financial adviser Jefferies Group and law firm K&L Gates, according to sources interviewed by Bloomberg.
Investors seemed to be positive with regard to news from former Brazilian billionaire Eike Batista about Oleo & Gas Participacoes SA's creditors agreeing to convert $5.8 billion worth of company debt into equity stakes.
Coastal Capital joined debt specialists to seek board spill in Billabong International Ltd.
Sources told Reuters that last-minute talks held by German real estate company IVG with creditors could make its debt restructuring deal a possibility.
Lanco initiates the process to restructure its debt amounting to INR 75 billion (USD 1.3 billion).
BNP Paribas and Natixis is bidding to buyout Saur, the water and waste treatment utility.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Fast-growing Small Business Industries in 2019
- 5 Must have Technologies for a Busy Office
- Why Email Marketing Isn’t a Bust
- Home Improvement Projects with the Best and Worst ROI, According to the Data
- Ford And Volkswagen Enter Self-Driving Car Joint Venture
- Three Take-Aways From A Clean Energy Venture Capitalist
- Toyota, Denso Form Venture To Create Advanced Chips For Self-Driving And Connected Cars
- Diversity In U.K. Venture Capital Firms Remains Shockingly Low