Midwest Cable Inc, the cable company to be spun off from Comcast Corp (CMCSA.O) after it buys Time Warner Cable Inc (TWC.N), said it would list its Class A common stock on the Nasdaq under the symbol "GLCI" in 2015.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission on Wednesday paused its informal "shot clock" deadline on the reviews of the proposed mergers of AT&T Inc (T.N) and DirecTV (DTV.O) and of Comcast Corp (CMCSA.O) and Time Warner Cable Inc (TWC.N) over the issue of confidential programming agreements.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission said on Friday it paused its "shot-clock" on the review of the proposed $45 billion merger between the two largest U.S. cable providers, Comcast Corp and Time Warner Cable Inc.
Top U.S. cable provider Comcast Corp has tapped JPMorgan Chase & Co for advice as it evaluates a potential bid for Time Warner Cable Inc, people familiar with the matter said.Comcast brought in the bank to help review options as speculation about cable industry consolidation increased in the past several months, one of the people said.
Charter Communications Inc is raising USD25 billion in debt to fund the acquisition of Time Warner Cable Inc, according to a source familiar with the matter.
A joint bid that would later split up Time Warner Cable between Comcast Corp and Charter Communications Inc may allow the deal to avoid strict scrutiny from antitrust regulators and the Federal Communications Commission.
Jason Armstrong, lead analyst of Goldman Sachs, will work at Comcast to head investor relations.
Netflix CEO Reed Hastings said he hoped to ink a deal with Comcast and other pay television providers in the US for its streaming services.
Liberty Media said it bought back 5.2% of its own stock from Comcast Corp for USD 417 million.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Elon Musk's Neuralink Raises Another $43 Million as It Gears up for Human Trials
- Mark Cuban to Sell Majority Stake of Dallas Mavericks to Sands Casino Family for $3.5 Billion
- Personal Finance 101: Types of Personal Bank Accounts
- Amazon Introduces an AI Chatbot for Businessess Called Q
- Joe Biden Slams Corporations Over Soaring Consumer Prices, Says 'It’s Time to Stop the Price-Gouging'
- Goldman Sachs Identifies 2 Healthcare Stocks With up to 130% Upside Potential
- US Chip Export Ban Is Taking a Toll on Chinese AI Startups
- Wall Street Experts Reveal Best Long-Term Investment Stocks to Buy