Dumont & Blake Investment Advisors LLC reduced its shareholding in Apple by 6% in the final quarter of 2015. Dumont sold 2,164 shares of the company in the fourth quarter and currently owns 34,115 of Apple shares.
The technology tie-ups between the US technology giants and Chinese firms have become a center of debate as the close business relations have under current exposure to sensitive defense technology. Security analysts express their concern about possible harm to the national security of the US. In association with US technology firms, Chinese companies are becoming self-reliant in defense technology triggering the alarm bells for the US national security.
Internet of Things (IoT) is poised to become a $7-trillion market over next five years on the most conservative basis and 50 billion new connections during the same period. Some other project the mobile wallet industry will be worth $14.4-trillion market in the near future.
Cisco Systems, Inc. (CSCO), Alibaba Group Holding Ltd (BABA), Macy's Inc. (M) and News Corporation (NWS) will announce the companies' quarterly financial results on Wednesday.
BlackBerry Limited announced Carl Wiese as the president for its global sales operations. Wiese will lead the company's global market sales stratagem in an attempt to throttle the declining sales for BlackBerry.
U.S. stocks rose for a fourth straight session on Monday, with both the Dow and S&P 500 ending at records as large-cap technology shares gained and offset continued weakness in energy names.
Network equipment maker Cisco Systems Inc filed two lawsuits on Friday against Arista Networks Inc, accusing the smaller rival of copying its networking technologies.
Investment in the fast-growing market for Internet-connected devices gathered pace this year and is set to attract more top U.S. technology and telecoms buyers of firms active in the market, a report from a merger advisory firm said on Thursday.
Hewlett-Packard Co (HPQ.N) has begun sounding out private-equity firms in China to buy its corporate-networking business in the country, the Wall Street Journal reported, citing people familiar with the situation.
Cisco Systems will invest $1 billion over two years to expand its cloud offerings, the company said on Monday, linking hundreds of data centers and cloud providers around the world in a network with more than 30 partners.
The said failure of PCI standards is not the reason why payment card data breaches are taking place. Rather, it's the attitude of the people, according to Christian Janoff, a Security Solution Architect of Cisco Systems, in his VentureBeat guest post.
Menlo Park, US-based venture capital firm Lightspeed Venture Partners invested an undisclosed amount in San Jose Spiders, a professional Frisbee league owned by Cisco Systems Inc president Rob Lloyd.
BlackBerry shares rose last Monday after reports of potential strategic buyers taking interest in the struggling smartphone maker, said a Reuters report.
Technology infrastructure maker Cisco announced modest revenue growth for this quarter even as it cut its workforce to reduce costs.
Cisco Systems announced it would be whittling down its workforce by 5%.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- The IRS Proposes Child Tax Credit Expansion To Benefit 16 Million Low-Income Children
- North Korea's Kim Jong Un Receives Car From Russia's Vladimir Putin in Another Sign of Warming Ties Between the 2 Countries
- Kevin Hart's Entertainment Company To Be Led By A Former Warner Bros. Executive
- North Korea Is Ready to Boost Bilateral Ties With Japan, Which Just Lost Its Spot as World's Third-Largest Economy
- James Biden, Joe Biden's Brother, Contradicts Himself at Impeachment Hearing on President’s Involvement in Family Business: GOP
- EU Blacklists North Korea’s Defense Minister, Chinese Firms for First Time in New Sanctions Over Russia's War in Ukraine
- Donald Trump's Social Media Deal Greenlighted by SEC — And It Could Make Him a Fortune
- Amazon Founder Jeff Bezos Completes Selling Up to 50 Million Shares, Netting $8.5 Billion