Carlyle Group’s second energy credit investments fund raised a $2.8 billion fund, Carlyle Energy Mezzanine Opportunities Fund II, said spokesman Randall B. Whitestone in an e-mail.
Oaktree Capital Management and other lenders are close to striking a deal with Providence Equity Partners to take control of the security company that vetted former spy agency contractor Edward Snowden, the New York Post reported.
A private equity consortium of Carlyle Group LP (CG.O) and Warburg Pincus LLC is in advanced talks to acquire privately held credit rating agency DBRS Ltd for more than $500 million, according to people familiar with the matter.
Carlyle Group (CG.O) has agreed to buy South African tyre retailer Tiger Automotive from Ethos Private Equity, Ethos said on Wednesday, the U.S. buyout firm's first deal in Africa's most developed economy.
Singapore public transportation operator SMRT Corp Ltd is considering an 800 million pound ($1.3 billion) takeover bid for unlisted British taxi company Addison Lee, Sky News said on Saturday.
JPMorgan Chase & Co (JPM.N) is in talks to sell its oil-supply agreement with a major Philadelphia refinery to Bank of America Corp (BAC.N), the Wall Street Journal reported Tuesday, citing people familiar with the matter.
Private equity firm Carlyle Group and other investors will be purchasing a majority stake in Traxys Group, a physical metals and minerals commodity, logistics and trading company, Reuters reported.
Washington, US-based private equity firm Carlyle Group plans to raise $290 million by selling 100 million shares in Hong Kong-based home appliance maker Haier Electronics Group Ltd, according to IFR.
Tyco International Ltd has shortlisted the list of private equity firms interested in acquiring the industrial conglomerate's South Korean unit, according to sources interviewed by The Wall Street Journal.
Institutional investors contributed $216.56 billion to US private equity funds last year, a sign of their renewed confidence in the asset class, a report from Private Equity Beat of The Wall Street Journal Blogs said.
Alternative asset manager Carlyle Group has introduced its first two publicly listed mutual funds, paving the way for Carlyle to offer its investment platform to retail investors, Reuters reported.
Austria's OMV will divest its 45% stake in German oil refinery Bayernoil to Varo Energy for an undisclosed amount. Varo Energy is a partnership between Swiss oil trading firm Vitol and American private equity firm Carlyle Group.
Private equity firm Carlyle Group generated paper profits on its week-long investment in Chinese funeral company Fu Shou Yuan International Group Ltd after the latter gave a strong debut in Hong Kong trading.
Sources on Tuesday told the New York Times that William Morris Endeavor Entertainment has won the auction for sports and media talent agency IMG Worldwide. With a $2.3 billion offer, WME beat two other bidders backed by private equity firms.
Bidders William Morris Endeavor, ICM Partners and a consortium led by former News Corporation executive Peter Chernin are expected to submit their takeover offers for IMG Worldwide on Friday. New York Times said that William Morris will likely emerge as top bidder for the sports agency.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Donald Trump Warns About the Biggest Stock Market Crash in US History if He Loses to Joe Biden and Investors Just Laugh
- Hunter Biden Exposes Republicans' Indifference, Double Standard on Jared Kushner’s Foreign Business Dealings
- LockBit Hackers Set a Ransom Deadline to Release Donald Trump Documents From Georgia Case
- North Korea Continues to Secretly Send Vast Amounts of Artillery Shells to Russia for War, South Korea Says
- Willy Wonka-Inspired Event in Glasgow Ends With Visitors Calling Police as They Believe They Got Scammed
- Walmart's $45M Settlement Offer for Overcharged Customers - Are You Eligible?
- Virgin Galactic to Pause Space Flights to Focus on Developing Its Next-Generation Delta-Class Spacecraft
- Joe Biden Orders Investigation Into 'Smart Cars' Built in China, Other Foreign Adversaries Over Security Concerns