Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. will allocate another record level 43 billion pesos ($915 million) in capital spending this year to defeat domestic competition and prepare for the possible entry of Telstra Corp. to the Philippines.
Hirotoshi Ogura, a self-described “factory geek”, is Daikin Industries' (6367.T) master of doing more with less – and part of the reason Japan’s recovery remains stuck in the slow lane.
U.S. chief executive officers are modestly more upbeat about the economy and almost half plan to increase capital spending over the next six months, a quarterly business group survey said on Tuesday.
As the second-biggest mining company in the world, Rio Tinto Group, struggles against the drop in mineral prices, the company resolved to reduce its capital spending to around USD8 billion in 2015.
South African wireless operator Vodacom had laid out plans to increase its investments through increased pace of network upgrades according to its Chief Executive Officer Shameer Joosub.
The prospects of EZChip of Israel improved as Verizon announced its latest LTE programs.
As the company faces an investigation on corruption under the previous leadership, the new management of PetroChina is seeking to distance itself from the legacy of its former chairman.
Samsung appointed a new African CEO and boosted capital spending.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Warren Buffett's Trusted Associate Charlie Munger Dies at 99: What's Next for Berkshire Hathaway?
- Mark Cuban to Sell Majority Stake of Dallas Mavericks to Sands Casino Family for $3.5 Billion
- Personal Finance 101: Types of Personal Bank Accounts
- Amazon Introduces an AI Chatbot for Businessess Called Q
- Global Migration Insights: Fahd Haque's Call for Compassion in U.S. Immigration Law
- Joe Biden Slams Corporations Over Soaring Consumer Prices, Says 'It’s Time to Stop the Price-Gouging'
- Unifying the Digital Landscape: Cardware's End-to-End Platform for Modern Content Management
- Shein Files for US IPO as Chinese-Founded Fashion Giant Seeks to Expand Global Reach