General Motors announced its plans to invest $328 million to to its Tonawanda and Lockport plants. The news came as a relief to the workers who felt reassured of their future as the company will retain hundreds of jobs on both plants.
The average price for used-car dropped modestly during February 2016, compared with the previous year period. According to Manheim, the median prices for used-vehicle in February amounted to $10,345, a decrease of 2% from the previous year period.
Audi AG reported a drop of 6.1% in its operating profit for 2015. The carmaker's profit after tax declined 3% owing to costs of repairing diesel engines related to emission scandal.
U.S. auto industry sales in April came in below expectations as Asia's major carmakers' results disappointed, offsetting strong gains for trucks and SUVs made by General Motors (GM.N) and Ford (F.N).
Boeing (BA.N) plans to use newer and more standardised manufacturing techniques for its new 777X jetliner, paving the way for "significant" savings as it gradually feeds the changes back into existing assembly lines, a senior executive said.
Michigan Governor Rick Snyder signed a bill on Tuesday that will keep electric carmaker Tesla Motors Inc (TSLA.O) from selling its cars directly to consumers in the state, home to the biggest U.S. automakers.
Carmakers are betting on style and recycling in the battle for Europe's burgeoning small car market, adding hi-tech safety and entertainment features while often using older vehicle underpinnings as a way to keep prices down.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Vladimir Putin: Russia Becoming 'New Global Growth Center' Despite Western Isolation
- Amazon Removes Venmo as Payment Method, Causing PayPal Shares to Drop
- AMD Shares Rise After it Unveils New AI Chips to Compete with Nvidia
- Elon Musk Trashes Bob Iger, Says Disney CEO Should Be 'Fired Immediately'
- Uber Shares Jump After the Ride-Hailing Company Picked to Join the S&P 500 Index
- Abercrombie & Fitch Sued by Ex-CEO Mike Jeffries, Demanding to Cover Legal Fees Related to Sexual Abuse Lawsuit
- Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell Downplays Rate Cut Talk, Says More Rate Hikes Still Possible
- McDonald's First CosMc’s Spinoff Restaurant to Open This Week in Illinois