San Jose, California-based LEGO rental startup Pley closed $6.75 million in its Series A funding round led by Allegro Venture Partners to fuel its product, workforce, and international expansion efforts.
- James Biden, Joe Biden's Brother, Contradicts Himself at Impeachment Hearing on President’s Involvement in Family Business
- Donald Trump Requests 30-Day Extension to Pay $355 Million Civil Fraud Fine as His Campaign Faces Financial Peril
- EU Blacklists North Korea’s Defense Minister, Chinese Firms for First Time in New Sanctions Over Russia's War in Ukraine
Brisbane, Australia-based diversified alternative asset manager Blue Sky Alternative Investments entered a deal to purchase Adelaide-based hedge fund Investment Science Asset Management for an undisclosed amount.
Sydney, Australia-based e-commerce startup Bigcommerce is expanding to the US with a new office in San Francisco and will go on a two-month hiring spree in search of 40 new engineers.
West Perth, Australia-based mineral exploration firm Rox Resources landed $3.3 million from the placement of 73.3 million shares to fund its nickel project in the Goldfields.
Perth, Australia-based coal miner The Waterberg Coal Company Ltd raised A$2.4 million from an equity issue to London, UK-based investment firm Investec Asset Management to gain additional working capital for its current project.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia-based conglomerate Sime Darby Bhd, through its subsidiary Haynes Mechanical, picked up a 70% stake in Singleton, Australia-based mining machinery provider TFP Engineering for A$3.2 million (MYR9.5 million).
Johannesburg, South Africa-based banking network Nedbank Capital is looking for new mining investment destinations in Africa, aside from gold explorations in Tanzania, Ghana, and Burkina Faso.
Austin, Texas-based solar microinverter provider SolarBridge Technologies closed $42 million in a funding round led by Constellation Technology Ventures to drive its expansion efforts across North America and Australia.
Sydney, Australia-based music streaming firm Spotify snapped up Somerville, US-based music discovery engine The Echo Nest for an undisclosed amount to create an improved music discovery service for its clients.
Townsville, Australia-based startup Friends For Hire is launching on March 22 to allow lonely people to hire other people to be their platonic friend for an hourly fee of $60.
Melbourne, Australia-based startup Influx.com pocketed $250,000 in seed funding from Mark Harbottle and Leni Mayo to provide CRM (customer relationship management) solutions for online and tech startups.
Dublin, Ireland-based over-the-counter (OTC) drug manufacturer Perrigo Company PLC picked up a set of products being marketed in Australia and New Zealand from South African firm Aspen Global Inc in a $51-million cash deal.
Melbourne, Australia-based web hosting provider Melbourne IT added Sydney-based web domain registry and web hosting firm NetRegistry in a deal valued at $50.4 million to combine two of the biggest web service businesses in the country.
Waterloo, Canada-based software giant OpenText invested $1 million to open a data center in Sydney, Australia, to help companies deal with problems centered on enterprise data.
Waterloo, Australia-based mobile payment startup Beat the Q bagged $1 million in funding from high-net worth individuals to partially fund its planned acquisition of Sydney-based loyalty app eCoffeeCard.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Donald Trump Reacts to Vladimir Putin's Comments That He Prefers Joe Biden Over Him in the White House
- Russia's Vladimir Putin Says Russian Scientists Are Close to Creating Cancer Vaccines
- North Korea Is Ready to Boost Bilateral Ties With Japan, Which Just Lost Its Spot as World's Third-Largest Economy
- Kevin Hart's Entertainment Company To Be Led By A Former Warner Bros. Executive
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Avoids Taiwan for Foxconn's 50th; COO Attends Instead
- Microsoft Catches Hackers From Russia, China, North Korea, Iran Using OpenAI Tools to Improve Their Cyberattacks
- Amazon Founder Jeff Bezos Completes Selling Up to 50 Million Shares, Netting $8.5 Billion
- Salt Bae Restaurant Cuts Down Energy Expenses Despite Selling Overpriced Steaks