It will be a different experience for consumers and golf fans alike as they take part in the Arnold Palmer Invitational PGA Tour event. MasterCard has teamed up with Wearality that develops VR glasses and other wearables and with Callaway Golf Company to enable people to engross themselves in the virtual and augmented reality.
Blippar has a total funding of $55 million in Series D including those from its present investors which CEO and founder Ambarish Mitra called as investors with 'long-term vision'. The said fund will be used to 'power the future of visual discovery'.
Microsoft has started to display HoloLens, its first AR product at its flagship stores in New York. Unlike similar products developed by other competitors, the WiFi device has a very poor battery life. The tech giant is working to transform the device devoid of such shortcomings and expects to make it available in the first quarter of the current year.
Lenovo starts its partnership with Google in project Tango. Qualcomm Technologies also work along with both companies in the project.
Analysts said that investments on augmented reality technology will grow within the next few years.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- How to Find a Good Company to Sell Your Dental Scraps
- Hawkers Named One of the "Best Brands" by Australian Website, Alejandro Betancourt Lopez Talks Strategy
- Options Trading: Getting Started With Trading Options
- Holiday Home Safety: Tips for Keeping Your Family Safe During this Holiday Season
- How to Choose a Reinforcement Material in Composite Manufacturing
- Quick Guide to Meet HIPAA Fax Requirements
- 9 Tips to Improve Your Financial Health
- Practical Tips for all the New Bitcoin Traders