Voters will decide whether to approve the expansion of casino in New Jersey beyond Atlantic City. A referendum will be held in November as state's legislature approved the ballot plan on Monday.
Atlantic City casino's revenue reaches its worst gain this year. There is more than half cut since 9 years ago in 2006. The closing of many casinos in Atlantic City has caused 10,000 unemployments. A big plan is prepared by Governor Christie. It is said that Atlantic City will be taken over, but still no details are given.
A turnaround team tasked with reviving Atlantic City says New Jersey's struggling gambling hub must consider cost cuts, layoffs and longer bond maturities, but bankruptcy is not in the cards - yet.
It's "premature" to talk about bankruptcy for troubled gaming resort Atlantic City, Detroit's former turnaround expert said Thursday as he signed on with the latest bid to revive a city some see as bound to follow the path taken by the Motor City.
A federal judge said on Tuesday she would approve a $26 million settlement between Atlantic City and the Revel Casino Hotel that will provide much-needed cash for New Jersey's struggling gambling hub and a tax cut for the shuttered gambling complex.
A New Jersey college said on Saturday it has completed its $18 million purchase of the shuttered Showboat Atlantic City casino resort from Caesars Entertainment Corp (CZR.O), a deal that would usher in a new dormitory and a branch campus.
An affiliate of Brookfield Asset Management (BAMa.TO) (BAM.N) has topped Florida real estate developer Glenn Straub's $90 million bid for the bankrupt Revel Casino Hotel in Atlantic City, the Wall Street Journal reported, citing sources.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Lance Armstrong's Next Ventures Raises $24.5 Million Of Expected $75 Million Fundraise
- Implied SPDR S&P MIDCAP 400 ETF Analyst Target Price: $389
- What This Centi-Billionaire Fashion Magnate Can Teach You About Investing
- ADP vs. Paychex: Comparing Key Metrics For The Two Largest Payroll Processing Companies
- After Energy Sector Earnings Plunge In Q1, Hopes Rise For Improved Q2 Performance
- Are Strong Jobs Really Bad For Stocks?
- 4 Price Charts You Should See: Bank Stocks Are Showing Relative Weakness
- Citigroup's $21.5-Billion Capital Return Plan For 2019 Is Slightly Lower Than Its 2018 Plan