Swiftkey, the popular predictive typing app for smartphone, has been reported to be bought by Microsoft for nearly $250 million. Microsoft is said to have a bigger plan with the app, going further than just expanding on more than iOS and Android devices.
The largest community-based traffic app, Waze, had updated its features after three years. As Google had bought the app, the company said it will soon roll out on Android devices too.
Peeple, an app dubbed as "Yelp for people" will be launched soon. It is an application that allows you to rate just about everyone you know. More and more people are petitioning to ban the people-rating app.
Twitter Inc launched a video streaming app called Periscope on Thursday, just days after reports that it had blocked a rival app called Meerkat.
Zoosk has filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission an IPO valued USD100 million, reported TechCrunch.
Flappy Bird, the popular mobile game created by Vietnamese developer Dong Nguyen, proliferated in app stores and even on the Internet in the form of HTML5 games after the original game was pulled from the Apple App Store and Google Play.
App revenues for Google Play Store still fell behind that of Apple's App Store, a report revealed.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Founder of Globetrotters, Niranjan Shah, on His Background, Success Story, and Philosophy of Getting Ahead
- 3 Scenarios Lear Capital Founder Kevin DeMeritt Says Precious Metals Could Protect Against
- Tips To Increase Your Appointment Setting Conversion Rate in 2022 According to Bruntwork
- Amazon FBA, Shipping, Receiving: Kitting and Assembly Solutions Keeps it All Signed, Sealed and Delivered for a Global Marketplace On the Go
- Investor Brian Condenanza On The Future of Fintech Investing
- What You Need to Know About Business Litigation Law
- Amer Deeba on Cybersecurity and His New Company Normalyze
- The Ultimate Guide to an Employee’s Net Pay