Rovio Entertainment, the maker of Angry Birds, announced it will reduce a third of its jobs mostly in Finland. The Finnish gaming company, Rovio Entertainment, had concluded from negotiations between employees on August 26. Rovio had deliberated it will cut 213 jobs.
Mobile-games company Rovio is cutting its global workforce by 39% to focus on a few products that make more money. This is the second time the Angry Birds maker has announced job cuts in less than a year.
After a decline in earnings last year, Angry Birds creator Rovio Entertainment plans to rebound and expand in Asia by developing its game to fit local consumers' preferences.
In a bid to revive its ailing licensing business, Finnish video game developer Rovio, the maker of hugely popular game "Angry Birds" - the number one paid mobile app of all time - on Monday said that the company will be partnering with Danish toymaker Lego to develop a line of Angry Birds themed construction toys.
Mobile games maker Rovio reported its operating profit fell 73 percent last year due to a drop in its licensing business, a latest sign its breakthrough Angry Birds brand is losing its appeal.
A U.S. judge has allowed a Seattle artist's intellectual property lawsuit to go forward over her claims she was cheated out of possibly millions of dollars from the sale of "Angry Birds" pet toys she designed, her attorney said on Tuesday.
Finland's Rovio, the maker of the Angry Birds mobile game, said it has hired Pekka Rantala from beverage maker Hartwall to take over as its new chief executive by the beginning of next year.
Flappy Bird, a mobile game created by Hanoi-Vietnam-based developer Dong Nguyen of dotGears Studios, hit the top spot of free mobile apps in the Google Play and iOS app stores, mainly because it is very challenging and frustrating.
Jesta Digital LLC would refund its clients and pay USD1.2 million to the Federal Trade Commission over claims that Jesta included unwarranted fees to consumers' cellphone bills.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- How to Protect Yourself from Check Fraud: Tips and Best Practices
- Mobi: Empowering Consumer Product Companies with Real-time Sales Data
- Exploring the Future of Economic Growth: The Top 5 Special Economic Zones to Watch in 2023
- David Tomassoni (Salvaje): How the Hospitality Industry has Rebounded in the Post-Pandemic World
- How Test Automation Tools are Revolutionizing the Software Development Process
- From Shark Tank to Main Street: Kevin Harrington’s New Fintech Platform is Making Investing in Small Businesses Easier Than Ever
- Meet Kelcy Warren: The CEO Behind Energy Transfer
- World TradeX Creates Nft'S And Digital Coins With Intrinsic Value