The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported on Wednesday including Sinopec, Apache, AMR, US Airways, Deutsche Bank, EDF, Oxford, Andor, Bank Zachodni WBK, Shuanghui, Campofrio, OCZ, Toshiba and CVS Caremark.
American Airlines Inc was slapped with another lawsuit claiming its merger with US Airways Inc would break antitrust laws, putting another roadblock on its exit from bankruptcy.
US Justice Department's condition to AMR Corp and US Airways to lift the former's lawsuit could further delay merger plans.
Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly had turned down the US Department of Justice's request to delay the hearing of the case against AMR Corp and US Airways Group Inc regarding the airlines' planned merger.
The unions working for AMR Corp, the parent of American Airlines, and US Airways conducted a forwarded their displeasure on the suit filed by the antitrust division of the Justice Department.
Sources told Reuters if the government's anti-trust case against the AMR-US Airways merger prospers, AMR would have to go back to the drawing board and investors would suffer.
American Airlines parent AMR Corp (AAMRQ.PK) and US Airways Group Inc (LCC.N) said on Friday the carriers have to evaluate a potential merger.
US Airways Group and private equity firm TPG Capital may team up to bid for American Airlines' parent, AMR Corp.
Bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals involving European, U.S. and Asian companies were reported by 1030 GMT on Thursday.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Alibaba Co-Founder Jack Ma, the Chinese Tech's Poster Boy, Moves Into Food Business
- Warren Buffett's Trusted Associate Charlie Munger Dies at 99: What's Next for Berkshire Hathaway?
- Spirit Airlines Offers Early Departure Packages to Salaried Employees: Here's Why
- SoFI Is Exiting the Crypto World — Here Are the 3 Best Alternatives for Trading Crypto
- General Motors Stock Jumps 10% as the Automaker Announces $10 Billion Buyback, Dividend Hike