Airbus Group wins the contract for the Philippine Airlines' new aircraft order worth $1.8 billion. The Southeast Asian carrier is looking forward to carry passengers to New York and U.S. West coast.
The owners of five Airbus A380s leased to Singapore Airlines Ltd, Dr. Peters Group and Doric, have begun seeking for potential future operators for the A380s as the Singapore Airlines is still evaluating whether to extend the leases.
French-based plane manufacturer, Airbus Group will officially open its second single-aisle aircraft facility outside of Europe after China next Monday. The $600 million plant located in Mobile, Alabama is said to be the world's most efficient plant and is officially known as the Airbus U.S. Manufacturing Facility. The new facility is set to rival Boeing production in an effort by Airbus to grow their presence and grab more share of the $80 billion industry.
Airbus Helicopters (AIR.PA) is in the final stages of talks that could land it a contract worth at least $3 billion for the development and production of military and civil helicopters in South Korea, French media said on Wednesday.
European planemaker Airbus is talking to suppliers about the possibility of raising production of its A320 family of aircraft to 50 jets a month as early as 2017, narrowing a gap with rival Boeing (BA.N), a senior industry source said on Tuesday.
Japan's biggest airline, ANA Holdings, said on Friday it had ordered 15 jetliners from Boeing Co and Airbus Group worth $2.2 billion to bolster flights on domestic routes.
Boeing Co (BA.N) said on Tuesday that it delivered 723 jetliners in 2014, hitting its own target, setting an industry record and retaining its title as the world's biggest plane maker, besting rival Airbus Group (AIR.PA).
Airbus Group and Dassault Aviation aim to oversee the complete sale of Airbus's 4.8 billion-euro stake in the French planemaker by the end of next year, two people familiar with the matter said.
The French state divested a 1% stake in Netherlands-based aircraft and defense firm Airbus Group for €451 million ($614 million), according to the French economy minister.
EADS said it will now be known as Airbus Group.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Swiss Bank Banque Pictet Admits to Conspiring With US Taxpayers to Hide Over $5.6 Billion From IRS
- Spotify to Lay Off 17% of Its Workforce — Here’s What CEO Daniel Ek Has to Say
- Gold Price Hits New Record High; Bitcoin Value Also Surges
- This Crypto Blockchain Emerges as Preferred Platform by Terrorist Groups Like Hamas and Hezbollah
- US to Prevent China From Supplying Battery Materials for EVs Set to Receive Billions in Tax Credits
- Beyond Profits: A Look Into Trevor & Greg's Serviced Accommodation Mentorship Program
- Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell Downplays Rate Cut Talk, Says More Rate Hikes Still Possible
- Despite AI Hype, New Data Shows Only Few US Companies Are Actually Using It