Shareholders of Chile-based firm CFR Pharmaceuticals gave a nod on Friday for a sweetened takeover offer for South African drug maker Adcock Ingram in a bid to woo the top shareholder of the South African firm.
Cape Town, South Africa-based investment firm Foord Asset Management has lifted its stake in Johannesburg-based drug maker Adcock Ingram to 15%, according to a regulatory filing on Friday.
South Africa-based asset manager Oasis Group Holdings has sold off its 2.2% stake in pharmaceutical firm Adcock Ingram to an undisclosed buyer, according to a spokesman.
An unnamed source told Reuters that drugmaker Adcock Ingram's largest shareholder Public Investment Corporation will not be putting up its 19% ownership stake for sale as the offer extended by potential buyer Bidvest undervalued its holding.
The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported on tuesday including Adcock Ingram, Energa, Nordea Bank, Alitalia, Ben Venue, TIM Participacoes, Douglas, Mercator, Novartis, OncoMed, Kerning and Malaysia Airports
South Africa's industrial conglomerate has joined forces with unlisted drug firm Community Investment Holdings (CIH) to buy a stake in Adcock Ingram in a move that could derail Chilean company CFR Pharmaceutical's takeover bid, said a Business Day Live report.
Chile-based drug firm CFR Pharmaceuticals promised a 25.1% stake for its black shareholders should the acquisition of local pharmaceutical company Adcock Ingram be approved, in line with South Africa's black economic empowerment (BEE) codes.
The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported on Tuesday including Nokia, IntercontinentalExchange Group, Goldman Sachs and others.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- How to Protect Yourself from Check Fraud: Tips and Best Practices
- Mobi: Empowering Consumer Product Companies with Real-time Sales Data
- Exploring the Future of Economic Growth: The Top 5 Special Economic Zones to Watch in 2023
- David Tomassoni (Salvaje): How the Hospitality Industry has Rebounded in the Post-Pandemic World
- How Test Automation Tools are Revolutionizing the Software Development Process
- From Shark Tank to Main Street: Kevin Harrington’s New Fintech Platform is Making Investing in Small Businesses Easier Than Ever
- Meet Kelcy Warren: The CEO Behind Energy Transfer
- World TradeX Creates Nft'S And Digital Coins With Intrinsic Value