When Wal-Mart Stores Inc (WMT.N) spent $2.4 billion on a stake in South Africa's Massmart (MSMJ.J) five years ago, the world's biggest retailer said it was buying a gateway to high-growth markets in sub-Saharan Africa.
As its clients took out money from emerging markets, Aberdeen Asset Management Plc reported net outflows of £4.4 billion in the fourth quarter, Bloomberg reported.
Cloud-based data management startup Rosslyn Analytics raised £2.1 million in a funding round joined by Amati Global Partners and IQ Capital. Rosslyn also eyes a listing on AIM early next year.
UK-based Aberdeen Asset Management revealed its plan to take away businesses from US investment managers such as BlackRock and Vanguard after completing the acquisition of Scottish Widows Investment Partnership (SWIP).
The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported on Monday including Forbes, Axel Springer, MidCap Financial LLC, Goldman Sachs and others.
A report from The Sunday Times said Aberdeen Asset Management was close to reaching a deal to acquire Scottish Widows Investment Partnership from Lloyds Banking Group.
The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) fined Aberdeen Asset Management GBP7.2 million for not
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Buy OUKITEL U23 at Unmissable Price on DealExtreme, Only $169.99 for a 6.18 Inch 6GB RAM Phone
- OUKITEL is Releasing a New 10000mAh Battery Smartphone K12 With Waterdrop Design
- 3 Easy Ways To Minimize Costs For Mother Of The Bride And Groom Outfits
- Large Display and Big battery, OUKITEL Introduces 3 Big Battery Smartphones on Global Sources Electronics Exhibition
- Top 5 Tips For Trading Oil
- Important SEO Concepts to Appreciate for 2019
- Accessories and equipment for emergency situations
- OUKITEL K9 Official Release: Built for Video & Games with 6000mAh battery and 7.12 inch Big Display