Regions

Catalyst is Preparing to Use its US$125 Million Fund

April 5
7:06 PM 2013

Catalyst Principal Partners, a private equity firm based in Kenya, is eyeing to make investments using a US$125 million fund with a partnership seeking to maximize real estate deals. This is spurred by the growth of the middle class not just in East Africa but the world as well.

Catalyst is registered in Mauritius and has raised cash through its closed end fund. There are opportunities available according to the private equity firm as consumer demand is on the rise and with the recent oil and gas exploration ventures pushing consumer demand even further.

According to Catalyst CEO Paul Kavuma, "We are very much focused on consumer demand on the regional front." He made the remarks earlier this week, reminiscing his exit from Actis East Africa to establish Catalyst back in 2009.

Nearly 70% of the cash for the first fund comes from the World Bank's International FInance Corporation and the remaining 30% coming from individuals, insurance firms, fund of funds and others.

© 2023 VCPOST, All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.
Tags
Share

Comments

Join the Conversation

Subscribe to VCpost newsletter

Sign up for our Deals of the Day newsletter.
We will not spam you!

Real Time Analytics