Ford CEO says he would remain in the company at least through 2014
Ford Motor Co. Chief Executive Officer Alan Mulally said he intended to stay on as the company's head through next year. This was after reports that Microsoft Corp. had sought to recruit the CEO of the second biggest carmaker in the US.
Mulally wrote in an email to Bloomberg News today, he wrote, "I plan to continue to serve as Ford's president and CEO until at least the end of 2014." In an interview with Anna Edwards on Bloomberg TV he said, "I love serving Ford and will continue serving Ford."
Technology news website AllThingsD reported last September 2 that the 68 year old Mulally had been in talks about becoming the possible interim CEO at Microsoft. This was after Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer announced departing his post within 12 months last August 23. This had started a debate about his potential successor at the US software maker.
Ford shares went down by 1% to USD17.13 at 1:30 PM New York time.