The Rady Venture Fund, a part of pioneering model business school The Rady School of Management, was said to have helped over 60 small businesses in starting up in the San Diego area and launched over a hundred products while providing a hands-on experience for the management school's business students.
Harvard-born startup HourlyNerd would announce on Thursday that it had received USD750,000 in its seed funding round, the most significant investment coming from ABC's venture capital reality show "Shark Tank" star and billionaire Marc Cuban.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Activist investor rejects Cliffs Natural Resources Inc proposal to end battle for board control
- Tighter regulations await crowdfunding sector in UK to facilitate transparency and investor protection
- London music app Shazam confirms rumored $20M funding round
- San Francisco-based mobile app Secret to raise $10M in venture capital
- Google faces much as $5B fine if found guilty of antitrust probe in India
- HSBC's Natalie Blyth learns business lesson from bees
- LiveNation Labs adds US social search startup YourTrove to deliver improved concert experience
- Bitcoin founder Satoshi Nakamoto story 'strongly' supported by Newsweek