Singapore-based digital currency payment firm GoCoin pocketed $1.4 million in its first funding round led by former Facebook executive Owen Van Natta and e-commerce site Bitcoin Shop for its sales and tech expansion.
OKCoin raised $10 million in a Series A funding round led by Chinese venture capital firm Ceyuan to become the biggest Bitcoin exchange in China according to trading volume.
As opposed to the move that other countries are taking, the British government is planning to ditch the tax levied on Bitcoin trading, but the cryptocurrency will still be subjected to corporation and other taxes.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Falling oil prices influencing global monetary policies
- Little-known Taiwanese chip designer spawns low-priced smartphone boom
- Boeing welcomes Japan decision to buy V-22s
- Canada's Kik raises $38 million, buys video messaging app Relay
- India regulator says Holcim-Lafarge merger may hurt competition
- PBOC cuts benchmark interest rates
- Apple $450 million e-book settlement gets final court approval
- Swiss agency has more queries over Etihad plan to buy Darwin stake