Singapore-based digital currency payment firm GoCoin pocketed $1.4 million in its first funding round led by former Facebook executive Owen Van Natta and e-commerce site Bitcoin Shop for its sales and tech expansion.
OKCoin raised $10 million in a Series A funding round led by Chinese venture capital firm Ceyuan to become the biggest Bitcoin exchange in China according to trading volume.
As opposed to the move that other countries are taking, the British government is planning to ditch the tax levied on Bitcoin trading, but the cryptocurrency will still be subjected to corporation and other taxes.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Germany boosts onshore wind capacity by record amount in 2014
- U.S. FCC warns against blocking personal Wi-Fi access
- Qatar Airways takes $1.7 billion stake in British Airways-owner IAG
- Greece should follow EU line on Russia: EU's Schulz
- Sunac China to buy 49.3 percent stake in troubled developer Kaisa: Caixin
- Huawei says consumer business group targets $16 billion revenue
- GM to suspend production at its Russian plant for two months
- Greece says Dijsselbloem visit will kick off debt talks