Singapore-based digital currency payment firm GoCoin pocketed $1.4 million in its first funding round led by former Facebook executive Owen Van Natta and e-commerce site Bitcoin Shop for its sales and tech expansion.
OKCoin raised $10 million in a Series A funding round led by Chinese venture capital firm Ceyuan to become the biggest Bitcoin exchange in China according to trading volume.
As opposed to the move that other countries are taking, the British government is planning to ditch the tax levied on Bitcoin trading, but the cryptocurrency will still be subjected to corporation and other taxes.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Apple to unveil new iPads, operating system on Oct. 21: report
- Asian shares up, Scottish vote seen lifting Europe
- Oracle's Ellison steps aside, co-CEOs Catz and Hurd take over
- iPhone comes out of a 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset
- Microsoft lays off 2,100, axes Silicon Valley research
- Home Depot breach bigger than Target at 56 million cards
- Cerner and Athenahealth say integrating with Apple's mobile health service
- Federal Reserve signals faster but still slow path for rate rises