Singapore-based digital currency payment firm GoCoin pocketed $1.4 million in its first funding round led by former Facebook executive Owen Van Natta and e-commerce site Bitcoin Shop for its sales and tech expansion.
OKCoin raised $10 million in a Series A funding round led by Chinese venture capital firm Ceyuan to become the biggest Bitcoin exchange in China according to trading volume.
As opposed to the move that other countries are taking, the British government is planning to ditch the tax levied on Bitcoin trading, but the cryptocurrency will still be subjected to corporation and other taxes.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Is organic chicken worth the price?
- Amazon starts Netflix-style book service amid publisher spat
- Wall Street slips with Ukraine, Gaza in focus
- Production halted at Samsung China supplier amid child labor probe
- Yahoo to buy analytics startup Flurry to bolster mobile ad business
- Smartphone suit against Google plays into rivals' hands
- Fighting flares in Ukraine as crash investigators arrive
- Netflix profit doubles on U.S., foreign subscriber growth