Singapore-based digital currency payment firm GoCoin pocketed $1.4 million in its first funding round led by former Facebook executive Owen Van Natta and e-commerce site Bitcoin Shop for its sales and tech expansion.
OKCoin raised $10 million in a Series A funding round led by Chinese venture capital firm Ceyuan to become the biggest Bitcoin exchange in China according to trading volume.
As opposed to the move that other countries are taking, the British government is planning to ditch the tax levied on Bitcoin trading, but the cryptocurrency will still be subjected to corporation and other taxes.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Student.com Raised $60 Million From High-Profile Investors to Help Students Find Accommodations
- US Foods Files For Up To $100 Million IPO Under New York Stock Exchange
- OPPO Releases Aussie Emoji Keyboard App For Androids
- Nestle to acquire food-maker Osem Investments for $840 million
- AccelFoods to Fund Packaged Foods and Beverages worth $20 Million
- Once Most Underachieving CEO Meg Whitman’s Pay Package Slashed By 13% In 2015
- Startup with a smart gardening system manage to raise $2 million in funding
- Microsoft Announced Partnerships With 74 Android Device Makers