Singapore-based digital currency payment firm GoCoin pocketed $1.4 million in its first funding round led by former Facebook executive Owen Van Natta and e-commerce site Bitcoin Shop for its sales and tech expansion.
OKCoin raised $10 million in a Series A funding round led by Chinese venture capital firm Ceyuan to become the biggest Bitcoin exchange in China according to trading volume.
As opposed to the move that other countries are taking, the British government is planning to ditch the tax levied on Bitcoin trading, but the cryptocurrency will still be subjected to corporation and other taxes.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Major French telecom groups are applying for 4G mobile spectrum auction
- Bill Gross sees further 10% drop in US stocks
- US firms stash $2.1tn overseas to skip tax at home
- Obama confident that Congress will vote in favor of TPP
- Monsanto to cut 2,600 jobs, buyback shares
- 2015 Nobel Prize in Medicine awarded to 3 scientists for drug discoveries from nature
- Major US banks account for 20% of debts in Glencore
- Boeing 777 propels Emirates Airlines' growth