Singapore-based digital currency payment firm GoCoin pocketed $1.4 million in its first funding round led by former Facebook executive Owen Van Natta and e-commerce site Bitcoin Shop for its sales and tech expansion.
OKCoin raised $10 million in a Series A funding round led by Chinese venture capital firm Ceyuan to become the biggest Bitcoin exchange in China according to trading volume.
As opposed to the move that other countries are taking, the British government is planning to ditch the tax levied on Bitcoin trading, but the cryptocurrency will still be subjected to corporation and other taxes.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Glencore And Qatar Pays $11 Billion In Rosneft Privatization Deal
- K.K.R. Enters Cybersecurity Deal; Extends Company Flurry Activities
- Apple Starts on AI
- Climate Change Causes Massive Chunk Of Ice To Disappear From Polar Regions
- SoftBank Pledges $50 Billion Investment In U.S.
- Starbucks China Expected To Eclipse U.S. Market
- AT&T And Time Warner $85 Billion Mega Deal Yet To Convince Regulators
- Song Re-Written