Singapore-based digital currency payment firm GoCoin pocketed $1.4 million in its first funding round led by former Facebook executive Owen Van Natta and e-commerce site Bitcoin Shop for its sales and tech expansion.
OKCoin raised $10 million in a Series A funding round led by Chinese venture capital firm Ceyuan to become the biggest Bitcoin exchange in China according to trading volume.
As opposed to the move that other countries are taking, the British government is planning to ditch the tax levied on Bitcoin trading, but the cryptocurrency will still be subjected to corporation and other taxes.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Coca-Cola to buy 29 percent stake in Indonesian unit for $500 million
- Apple's Cook: 'I'm proud to be gay'
- At Brazil auto show, industry wonders if it can get any worse
- Japan's Rakuten Inc launches cheap smartphone service
- Fujifilm cautious on Avigan profitability, eyes Ebola spread
- Lack of mechanics threatens U.S. Air Force target date for F-35
- Don't panic, OPEC secretary general says after oil price fall
- Nintendo to develop 'quality of life' device to track sleep, fatigue: CEO