Singapore-based digital currency payment firm GoCoin pocketed $1.4 million in its first funding round led by former Facebook executive Owen Van Natta and e-commerce site Bitcoin Shop for its sales and tech expansion.
OKCoin raised $10 million in a Series A funding round led by Chinese venture capital firm Ceyuan to become the biggest Bitcoin exchange in China according to trading volume.
As opposed to the move that other countries are taking, the British government is planning to ditch the tax levied on Bitcoin trading, but the cryptocurrency will still be subjected to corporation and other taxes.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- McDonald's fries supplier fined in China for water pollution
- Record prices for paintings, sculpture eyed at N.Y. auctions
- Apple Watch has lowest hardware cost to price: IHS
- KKR merges teams after more leaders step down
- Doubts grow over GlaxoSmithKline's $6 billion capital return plan
- GDF Suez says interested in some of Areva's activities
- Detroit automakers face speed bumps as sales growth slows
- Cisco veteran Robbins to take over as CEO from Chambers