Singapore-based digital currency payment firm GoCoin pocketed $1.4 million in its first funding round led by former Facebook executive Owen Van Natta and e-commerce site Bitcoin Shop for its sales and tech expansion.
OKCoin raised $10 million in a Series A funding round led by Chinese venture capital firm Ceyuan to become the biggest Bitcoin exchange in China according to trading volume.
As opposed to the move that other countries are taking, the British government is planning to ditch the tax levied on Bitcoin trading, but the cryptocurrency will still be subjected to corporation and other taxes.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Australia kicks off $39 billion submarine tender
- Steve Jobs bio says Disney CEO kept Jobs' condition a secret: Bloomberg
- IBM to share technology with China in strategy shift
- When it comes to e-cigs, Big Tobacco is concerned for your health
- Mercedes to launch a pickup truck outside the United States
- President Xi says China should not focus on growth rate only
- Ford to triple exports from India with new $1 billion plant
- U.S. Treasury's Lew to press China on currency: officials