Singapore-based digital currency payment firm GoCoin pocketed $1.4 million in its first funding round led by former Facebook executive Owen Van Natta and e-commerce site Bitcoin Shop for its sales and tech expansion.
OKCoin raised $10 million in a Series A funding round led by Chinese venture capital firm Ceyuan to become the biggest Bitcoin exchange in China according to trading volume.
As opposed to the move that other countries are taking, the British government is planning to ditch the tax levied on Bitcoin trading, but the cryptocurrency will still be subjected to corporation and other taxes.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Charter Communications nears $55 billion deal for Time Warner Cable - sources
- Japan unveils $110 billion plan to fund Asia infrastructure, eye on AIIB
- HP reports profit above estimates, shares up
- Charter's $56 billion Time Warner Cable deal to face U.S. scrutiny
- Oil drops below $65 on U.S. shale outlook, dollar
- Dollar hits one-month high as periphery woes weigh on Europe
- UBS seeks to offload Australian wealth unit to management: source
- ECB's Visco says deflation fears eased but asset purchases must go on