Singapore-based digital currency payment firm GoCoin pocketed $1.4 million in its first funding round led by former Facebook executive Owen Van Natta and e-commerce site Bitcoin Shop for its sales and tech expansion.
OKCoin raised $10 million in a Series A funding round led by Chinese venture capital firm Ceyuan to become the biggest Bitcoin exchange in China according to trading volume.
As opposed to the move that other countries are taking, the British government is planning to ditch the tax levied on Bitcoin trading, but the cryptocurrency will still be subjected to corporation and other taxes.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Russia waits in wings as Greek debt crisis deepens
- Cuba, an Internet laggard, opens Wi-Fi hotspots across country
- China brokerages pledge to buy $19.3 billion in shares to steady plunging market
- Element to buy majority of GE Capital's fleet ops for C$8.6 bln
- U.S. pushes China on ivory trade, wildlife NGOs
- Japan pledges $6 billion to Mekong nations as China prepares new bank
- Health insurer Centene adds muscle with $6.3 billion Health Net deal
- Fiat Chrysler executive acknowledges recall issues, vows improvement