Singapore-based digital currency payment firm GoCoin pocketed $1.4 million in its first funding round led by former Facebook executive Owen Van Natta and e-commerce site Bitcoin Shop for its sales and tech expansion.
OKCoin raised $10 million in a Series A funding round led by Chinese venture capital firm Ceyuan to become the biggest Bitcoin exchange in China according to trading volume.
As opposed to the move that other countries are taking, the British government is planning to ditch the tax levied on Bitcoin trading, but the cryptocurrency will still be subjected to corporation and other taxes.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Top US Universities with Highest Earning Power: Private Schools Lead Past Caltech, Stanford, Harvard in Payscale
- Twitter assuages growth concerns for now as shares soar 35 percent
- Top 5 most useful business apps to get the job done
- Argentina defaults but investors see eventual deal possible
- U.S. job growth cools, unemployment rate rises to 6.2 percent
- Start-up behind 'dunkable' phone technology explores Asian IPO
- [Sponsor Post] How to Transfer Contacts, Messages from Android to Computer
- Argentina holds no positive expectations for Friday's debt hearing