Singapore-based digital currency payment firm GoCoin pocketed $1.4 million in its first funding round led by former Facebook executive Owen Van Natta and e-commerce site Bitcoin Shop for its sales and tech expansion.
OKCoin raised $10 million in a Series A funding round led by Chinese venture capital firm Ceyuan to become the biggest Bitcoin exchange in China according to trading volume.
As opposed to the move that other countries are taking, the British government is planning to ditch the tax levied on Bitcoin trading, but the cryptocurrency will still be subjected to corporation and other taxes.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Chinese developer Dalian Wanda seen pricing HK IPO in top half-IFR
- Sony hacking highlights challenge to CEO Hirai's 'One Sony' vision
- As Qualcomm decision looms, U.S. presses China on antitrust policy
- Sony Pictures warns staff on fraudsters misusing stolen data
- Energy, tech shares lead Wall Street higher at open
- China says U.S. appropriations bill violates rules, sends bad signal
- Volvo to launch online car sales in marketing shift
- U.S. factory production accelerates in sign of economy's strength