Singapore-based digital currency payment firm GoCoin pocketed $1.4 million in its first funding round led by former Facebook executive Owen Van Natta and e-commerce site Bitcoin Shop for its sales and tech expansion.
OKCoin raised $10 million in a Series A funding round led by Chinese venture capital firm Ceyuan to become the biggest Bitcoin exchange in China according to trading volume.
As opposed to the move that other countries are taking, the British government is planning to ditch the tax levied on Bitcoin trading, but the cryptocurrency will still be subjected to corporation and other taxes.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Will $500-billion buying support restore normalcy in Chinese market?
- Chime Communications board okays GBP365M cash offer
- Victoria's Secret is losing $9B for casting out plus-size lingerie
- Tinder all set for an IPO in late 2015, says parent company IAC; Joey Levin named as IAC's new CEO
- Not a quick fix: A raise in fast-food hourly wages to $15 leads to 4% increase of product prices- study
- Stronger US dollar is a threat to emerging markets' currencies, and to US economy
- Mexican government hikes dollar auction by almost 4 folds; holds rates
- University of Phoenix under FTC scrutiny for possible unfair business practices