Singapore-based digital currency payment firm GoCoin pocketed $1.4 million in its first funding round led by former Facebook executive Owen Van Natta and e-commerce site Bitcoin Shop for its sales and tech expansion.
OKCoin raised $10 million in a Series A funding round led by Chinese venture capital firm Ceyuan to become the biggest Bitcoin exchange in China according to trading volume.
As opposed to the move that other countries are taking, the British government is planning to ditch the tax levied on Bitcoin trading, but the cryptocurrency will still be subjected to corporation and other taxes.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- China to offer $82 million in fourth round of Ebola aid
- South Korea fund to abstain from Samsung merger vote, wants share buybacks
- Italian lawmakers plan free Wi-Fi to bridge digital gap with Europe
- Norwest Venture Partners Expands Presence With New Investment Team Hire and Office in San Francisco
- Japan's party animals closer to dancing the night away
- Panasonic to sell Sanyo TV unit in U.S. to Funai Electric -Nikkei
- HP seeking buyers for corporate-networking business in China
- Despite Third Point, low expectations for Amgen breakup