Singapore-based digital currency payment firm GoCoin pocketed $1.4 million in its first funding round led by former Facebook executive Owen Van Natta and e-commerce site Bitcoin Shop for its sales and tech expansion.
OKCoin raised $10 million in a Series A funding round led by Chinese venture capital firm Ceyuan to become the biggest Bitcoin exchange in China according to trading volume.
As opposed to the move that other countries are taking, the British government is planning to ditch the tax levied on Bitcoin trading, but the cryptocurrency will still be subjected to corporation and other taxes.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Out of the box: Instagram update allows users to upload landscape and portrait photos and videos
- Michael Jordan proves he wasn’t after the money, Donates $8.9M to charity
- China raises counterfeiting to the next level with a fake Goldman Sachs
- McDonald's rejects Burger King's McWhopper peace deal
- Sephora’s peace offering to disappointed customers: $50 gift code
- YouTube Gaming launched; Brings gaming, commentary, and live-streaming to the next level
- Brazil is financially ruined, under recession
- Coursera raises $50M for expansion in China and India