Singapore-based digital currency payment firm GoCoin pocketed $1.4 million in its first funding round led by former Facebook executive Owen Van Natta and e-commerce site Bitcoin Shop for its sales and tech expansion.
OKCoin raised $10 million in a Series A funding round led by Chinese venture capital firm Ceyuan to become the biggest Bitcoin exchange in China according to trading volume.
As opposed to the move that other countries are taking, the British government is planning to ditch the tax levied on Bitcoin trading, but the cryptocurrency will still be subjected to corporation and other taxes.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Romania Is Already On Visa Deal With Canada
- How Republicans Chose Trump & Now Regrets For It
- Technology Sectors Lead; Stock Is At High Despite Corporate News Deluge
- Nordics Biggest Buyout Firm Adds Wealth Funds Call
- Neglecting real sectors
- Yankee Magaine evolves to TV show
- Facebook CEO breaks his silence