Singapore-based digital currency payment firm GoCoin pocketed $1.4 million in its first funding round led by former Facebook executive Owen Van Natta and e-commerce site Bitcoin Shop for its sales and tech expansion.
OKCoin raised $10 million in a Series A funding round led by Chinese venture capital firm Ceyuan to become the biggest Bitcoin exchange in China according to trading volume.
As opposed to the move that other countries are taking, the British government is planning to ditch the tax levied on Bitcoin trading, but the cryptocurrency will still be subjected to corporation and other taxes.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Saudi, Russia pre-OPEC talks yield no oil output cut
- Samsung Group sells shares in chemical, defense arms for $1.7 billion
- Yahoo usurps Google in Firefox search deal
- Coal mine accident in northern China kills 24: Xinhua
- Countries engaging in currency wars?
- Falling inflation a worry for Europe but also the world
- In wake of China rejections, GMO seed makers limit U.S. launches
- NSA chief warns Chinese cyber attacks could shut U.S. infrastructure