Singapore-based digital currency payment firm GoCoin pocketed $1.4 million in its first funding round led by former Facebook executive Owen Van Natta and e-commerce site Bitcoin Shop for its sales and tech expansion.
OKCoin raised $10 million in a Series A funding round led by Chinese venture capital firm Ceyuan to become the biggest Bitcoin exchange in China according to trading volume.
As opposed to the move that other countries are taking, the British government is planning to ditch the tax levied on Bitcoin trading, but the cryptocurrency will still be subjected to corporation and other taxes.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Lexus, Mazda get highest marks in Consumer Reports auto brand study
- Google partners with wireless carriers to push Wallet service
- Nickelodeon unveils paid streaming service for kids
- Oil turns lower on expectations of crude oil inventory rise
- Malaysia's AirAsia X to cut costs, may defer plane deliveries: Acting CEO
- China drops leading technology brands for state purchases
- Toyota calls union pay demands impossible; talks outcome key for Abenomics
- Weak spending to show Japan consumers unconvinced by Bank of Japan's stimulus