Singapore-based digital currency payment firm GoCoin pocketed $1.4 million in its first funding round led by former Facebook executive Owen Van Natta and e-commerce site Bitcoin Shop for its sales and tech expansion.
OKCoin raised $10 million in a Series A funding round led by Chinese venture capital firm Ceyuan to become the biggest Bitcoin exchange in China according to trading volume.
As opposed to the move that other countries are taking, the British government is planning to ditch the tax levied on Bitcoin trading, but the cryptocurrency will still be subjected to corporation and other taxes.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Britain Expand Its Military Spending In Defense Against Islamic State
- Evergrande Bought 50% of Great Eastern Life Assurance for Share 3.9 billion yuan to diversify into insurance
- Apple officialy confirms the acquisition of motion-capture firm Faceshift
- Carl Icahn picks 7.13% in Xerox, says it's undervalued
- Despite easing foreign trade, Russian markets turn attractive
- Google features 'Star Wars' themes, making users choose to join "Dark side," "Light Side" N
- Oil supply glut creating traffic jams at sea
- Ackman Established Superiority On Pershing By Raising Its Stake In Valeant Pharmaceuticals