Singapore-based digital currency payment firm GoCoin pocketed $1.4 million in its first funding round led by former Facebook executive Owen Van Natta and e-commerce site Bitcoin Shop for its sales and tech expansion.
OKCoin raised $10 million in a Series A funding round led by Chinese venture capital firm Ceyuan to become the biggest Bitcoin exchange in China according to trading volume.
As opposed to the move that other countries are taking, the British government is planning to ditch the tax levied on Bitcoin trading, but the cryptocurrency will still be subjected to corporation and other taxes.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Northern and Shell Ventures awards advertising subsidy to online rental startup OpenRent
- OnBeep Raises New Funding Worth $6.25M
- BlackBerry creates new unit for potential high-growth assets
- U.S. mortgage applications rise in latest week
- Obama campaign manager is Uber’s new SVP for Policy and Strategy
- When companies flee U.S. tax system, investors often don't reap big returns
- Citigroup seeks to exit Japanese retail banking
- Google to launch YouTube Music Key premium subscription service