HP Inc. has disclosed its earnings report on Wednesday for the first quarter ended on January 31. The Californian PC manufacturer has posted 16% decrease in earnings, in which strong Dollar is believed to contribute a huge. Keeping the currency value in place, earnings have been slashed by only 5%.
Patent holding company Intellectual Ventures' second crack at holding Motorola Mobility liable for using its technology without permission partially succeeded on Wednesday after a U.S. jury in Delaware found Motorola infringed a patent on multimedia text messaging.
BlackBerry (BB.TO) (BBRY.O) shares rose more than 3 percent on Monday after a news website said Chinese computer maker Lenovo Group (0922.HK) might offer to buy the Canadian technology company.
As plans to look for a buyer for its chip manufacturing business fail, IBM is said to be looking for a joint venture partner for the operations, according to sources interviewed by Bloomberg.
Sony Corp said the NHK report that it was talking Chinese technology firm Lenovo Group about a joint venture for its Vaio business abroad was not accurate but did say that it was thinking of possibilities for the loss-making unit, Reuters reported.
The Investment Canada Act would be a major hurdle for foreign companies like Lenovo who wish to acquire Blackberry as a whole or in parts.
Lenovo Group said the corporation is currently evolving as a wireless computing supplier due to the booming sales of smartphones and tablets.
NEC Corp's talks with Lenovo Group Ltd. was stalled due to disagreements on majority proprietorship and patents.
Bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- (VIDEO Review) YEPO 737A Notebook 6GB RAM
- SEP Announces Investment in Communications Technology Leader
- Banking Innovation Strikes Back
- Ollie completes $15M financing; Series A led by Aviva Investors and Employees Retirement System of Texas
- Edurance King: OUKITEL K10 starts presale at $249.99 with 11000mAh battery
- Softbank to invest 460 million euros in Germany's Auto1
- Iceland Investing $1 Billion on Increasing Airport Capacity
- Hyundai to Invest in Grab, Uber's Largest Rival in Southeast Asia