To cut costs, which is expected to triple by 2020, IBM has moved its retiree pension plan to a health exchange for lower risk and costs.
German insurance firm Allianz announced that it is nearing a deal to outsource its information technology services.
Security firm Trusteer was acquired by IBM to expand their business in cybersecurity.
Gartner said this year, the public cloud services market would grow by 18.5% to USD131 billion worldwide.
IBM cooperated on the SEC probe of its cloud revenue.
IBM's effort to modernize and remain competitive would offer a lot of room for growth to its investors.
IBM issued US$2.15 billion worth of bonds with two ten-year offerings.
According to a report from the daily Zairul Financiar on Monday, IBM Romania would receive a state-funded investment from the Romanian government that was valued at Eur21 million.
Prime Minister Shinzo Abe faced a tough test on whether or not permit foreign firms operating in Japan to easily fire out workers after IBM was sued for illegal termination of employees.
Crocus Tech, a semiconductor company, raised US$45 million worth of funds.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- (VIDEO Review) YEPO 737A Notebook 6GB RAM
- SEP Announces Investment in Communications Technology Leader
- Banking Innovation Strikes Back
- Ollie completes $15M financing; Series A led by Aviva Investors and Employees Retirement System of Texas
- Edurance King: OUKITEL K10 starts presale at $249.99 with 11000mAh battery
- Softbank to invest 460 million euros in Germany's Auto1
- Iceland Investing $1 Billion on Increasing Airport Capacity
- Hyundai to Invest in Grab, Uber's Largest Rival in Southeast Asia