Amazon Twitch.tv should get ready to face its upcoming tough competitor - China's Panda TV. Panda TV is an e-sports streaming service that will go in a direct competition with Amazon Twitch.tv as revealed this week.
Alibaba Group Holding Ltd (BABA.N) said more than $6 billion of goods have been sold so far during its annual Singles' Day online shopping frenzy, as customers jumped on heavily discounted goods to send sales surging past 2013's record high.
Two coincidental events took place as Weibo executives rejoiced the warm welcome it received from the international financial markets after its IPO on the NASDAQ and the release of venture capitalist and Weibo user Charles Xue.
Chinese microblogging site Weibo has cut its offered IPO size after a shaky start taking in only USD286 million from 16.8 million depository shares sold which was far from the expectations on Wall Street.
The initial public offering of microblogging platform Weibo has only sold 16.8 million shares instead of its expected 20 million share sale, reported TechCrunch.
NEW YORK, NY and SHANGHAI, CHINA--(Marketwired - Apr 8, 2014) - BRIC Language Systems, shortly after entering the translation services industry, has been successful in securing a major account in PrivCo - Private Company Financial Intelligence founded by Sam Hamadeh. PrivCo has been cited thousands of times in international media for research done on IPO's such as Twitter, Weibo, and Candy Crush. First up on the radar for PrivCo, is the IPO of Chinese technology giant Alibaba.
Goldman Sachs and Credit Suisse were hired by Chinese Internet firm Sina to take care of the debut of its microblogging platform Weibo in New York, according to sources interviewed by the Financial Times.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Amazon Removes Venmo as Payment Method, Causing PayPal Shares to Drop
- Vladimir Putin: Russia Becoming 'New Global Growth Center' Despite Western Isolation
- AMD Shares Rise After it Unveils New AI Chips to Compete with Nvidia
- Elon Musk Trashes Bob Iger, Says Disney CEO Should Be 'Fired Immediately'
- Uber Shares Jump After the Ride-Hailing Company Picked to Join the S&P 500 Index
- McDonald's First CosMc’s Spinoff Restaurant to Open This Week in Illinois
- Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell Downplays Rate Cut Talk, Says More Rate Hikes Still Possible
- Saudi Arabia Offers 30-Year Tax Exemption Package for Foreign Companies