Optimizely, a San Francisco-based cloud-based startup, is slashing its workforce by 10 percent across all the departments. Based on recent round of finance, Otpimizely was valued at $585 million. Since its inception in 2009, Optimizely has raised over $146 million investments including $58 million round in 2015.
The volume of Philadelphia's venture capital (VC) investments is showing a mixed pattern. Though VC investment grew in 2015 when compared with investments in 2014, the fifth largest city in the US has attracted venture capital investment less than its due share of total funding.
Led by technology sector, venture capital (VC) investments in Canada reached 10 year high in 2015. Canadian Venture Capital & Private Equity Association (CVCA) said 536 deals in funding for entrepreneurs raised $2.25 billion in 2015.
Many venture capitalists like Chamath Palihapitiya prefer to park their funds in Amazon as the online retailer is forecast to grow over a decade. The reason is that it's not because of e-Commerce operations, but its cloud computing unit Amazon Web Services (AWS). Many companies will eventually pay a fixed fee to Amazon as they increasingly rely on cloud computing services to run their services.
Sonendo gained $18 million in its latest round of fundraising.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Buy OUKITEL U23 at Unmissable Price on DealExtreme, Only $169.99 for a 6.18 Inch 6GB RAM Phone
- OUKITEL is Releasing a New 10000mAh Battery Smartphone K12 With Waterdrop Design
- 3 Easy Ways To Minimize Costs For Mother Of The Bride And Groom Outfits
- Large Display and Big battery, OUKITEL Introduces 3 Big Battery Smartphones on Global Sources Electronics Exhibition
- Top 5 Tips For Trading Oil
- Important SEO Concepts to Appreciate for 2019
- Accessories and equipment for emergency situations
- OUKITEL K9 Official Release: Built for Video & Games with 6000mAh battery and 7.12 inch Big Display